Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Saratoga Base-USA update-add animated GIF regional radar

Discussion of Ken True's web site templates

Moderator: saratogaWX

saratogaWX
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional

Saratoga Base-USA update-add animated GIF regional radar

Post by saratogaWX »

I found that https://aviationweather.gov/radar offered regional radar images similar to the ones that were available on radar.weather.gov before their 'makeover' in December, 2020. I've created a new script (NWS-regional-radar-animate.php) to fetch/annotate/cache the selected image set and create an animated GIF. Since the regions now used are somewhat different than the old region graphics used on radar.weather.gov, some other mods were made to USA-regional-maps-inc.php to support new region designations if needed.

Note that NWS-regional-radar-animate.php DOES NOT load Settings.php (to improve speed with some Plugins), so when you install,
be sure to check the internal settings to match your current site settings.. especially cache file directory and timezone.

At the same time, I've decided to deprecate (and mark for removal) the HAniS based wxnwsradar-*.php scripts as they no longer have source data to work with on radar.weather.gov. A V2.00 of wxnwsradar.php will just display your selected regional radar GIF and a USA (CONUS) animated GIF.

The README file has additional details, and there's a PDF showing the old and new 'regions' for the NWS regional radars.

Update using the update tool with query Base-USA, Plugin-*, 06-Jan-2021
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.