Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Error -32701

Discussion of Ken True's web site templates

Moderator: saratogaWX

freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: Error -32701

Post by freddie »

aznetcowboy wrote: Sat 05 Jun 2021 9:18 pm I now have the Data Logger showing up as it should. WeatherLink 6.0.5 it finds the Data Logger and the correct IP and DID numbers. But, when I do a Test, I get an error message saying "Cannot establish connection since port is already in use." The port number is 22222 and has been ever since I started using Cumulus back in 2013. Did the power outage I had be at fault and messed up the port? If so, how would I go about finding a free port? Or figuring out what is also using the port 22222?
:bash:
That's odd, as it implies that you have a program running on your Cumulus computer that is listening for traffic on port 22222. What you are trying to do is connect to port 22222 on your WeatherLinkIP.

If you open up a CMD window on your Cumulus computer and type the following, you will get a list of programs that are using port 22222 on your computer:

Code: Select all

FOR /F "usebackq tokens=5 delims= " %i IN (`netstat -ano ^|find ":22222"`) DO @tasklist /fi "pid eq %i" | find "%i"
Freddie
aznetcowboy
Weather Station: Davis 6153 Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Post by aznetcowboy »

freddie wrote: Sun 06 Jun 2021 3:13 pm FOR /F "usebackq tokens=5 delims= " %i IN (`netstat -ano ^|find ":22222"`) DO @tasklist /fi "pid eq %i" | find "%i"
I do not understand this command. It gives me the error of "q tokens=5 delims= " was unexpected at this time." Are you certain of this command? I have never seen anything like it before.

Opps. :groan:
After several tries I think it is all entered correctly. I added | echo %i and get a result of 14324 (what ever that is telling me).
Tom Wills
Ridge Run Weather Station: http://www.ridgerun.us
freddie

Post by freddie »

%i is the process ID (the PID). That command untouched matches the PID to the program running under that PID. If the command returns nothing then nothing is using port 22222.

Did you have something else (like WeatherLink) running at the same time you tried Cumulus?
Freddie
aznetcowboy

Post by aznetcowboy »

Oh, this is interesting for sure. Nothing was being returned which is why I tried the echo command. So Weatherlink says port is already in use, but the FOR /f search shows it not being in use. At this point in time, I don't know what else to do.
Tom Wills
freddie

Post by freddie »

When you tried WeatherLink was Cumulus running?
Freddie
aznetcowboy

Post by aznetcowboy »

I tried the "FOR /F..." command 3 times with the following results:

Cumulus only running. Results were:
cumulus.exe 10592 1 45,688K

Cumulus and Weather both running. Results were:
cumulus.exe 10592 1 46,748K
System Idle Process 0 services 0 8K

Weatherlink only running. Results were:
no results were displayed.

I have no idea what any of the results mean. Hopefully someone here will know.
Tom Wills
aznetcowboy

Post by aznetcowboy »

I don't know. I have been in contact with Davis, but no luck there. I even restored the Cumulus folder that I had from shortly before this all started. No luck. :groan:

If I can't get this fixed before soon, I will give up and take my domain offline. I really, really don't want to do this. :cry:
Tom Wills
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

If I can't get this fixed before soon, I will give up and take my domain offline. I really, really don't want to do this
Sorry I can't help technically on why Cumulus can't connect to the IP logger. I presume you have tried to run Cumulus only, that is not have Weatherlink also running.

Before giving up, why don't you as a test try CumulusMX?
Download the zip from here https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Software#Late ... n_download and unzip.
Go to the unzipped \CumulusMX folder, right click on CumulusMX.exe and select Run as administrator
After the DOS screen indicates CumulusMX has started (leave the DOS screen on but you can minimize, click on the - (minus) sign at top right). At this point CumulusMX is running but it does not yet know what weather station you have.
Then in a new browser type in localhost:8998 and enter.
That should bring up the CMX main dashboard.

Go to Settings tab, select Station settings and fill in the station type, etc. including the Davis Connection Settings.
When you have filled in as much as you can, then stop CumulusMX (from DOS screen press Ctrl-C)
Then restart CumulusMX by right click on \CumulusMX\CumulusMX.exe and Run as administrator and now, if everything works, CumulusMX should recognize the station type. If not, then there are other computer or logger issues.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

aznetcowboy

Post by aznetcowboy »

By updating from Cumulus 1.9.6 to CumulusMX, what happens to all the Saratoga templates I am using? Will everything need to be reinstalled or will MX be able to do a upgrade from 1.9.6 to MX? :?
Tom Wills
aznetcowboy

Post by aznetcowboy »

Finally! Got it working. The error was in the Baud Rate. It was set at 14400 instead of 19200. When my area of town had an almost 3 hours power outage that was when the problem started. That long power outage must been how it got changed. While nothing else worked, this fixed it.
:groan:

So after all the things Davis Tech Support had me do, I now am using the Data Logger as a dynamic IP of 192.168.1.9 instead of the 192.168.1.102 static IP. I'll change it back to the static address when I feel like working on this again. I need a break from toying around with it for awhile. To say I have a headache after all this is an understatement.
:bash:
Tom Wills