Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Weather Trends (wxtrends.php)

Discussion of Ken True's web site templates

Moderator: saratogaWX

meadowlark
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR968
Operating System: Windows 7 PRO

Weather Trends (wxtrends.php)

Post by meadowlark »

I need a clue as to what file to take a closer look at to fix the wxtrends.php and also get the index.php to reflect yesterdays high temperature correctly.
Website at https://wxstation.us
saratogaWX
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional

Re: Weather Trends (wxtrends.php)

Post by saratogaWX »

Take a look at http://wxstation.us/weather/wxstatus.php -- the CUtags.php file has stale data and is not being uploaded. It has the data for 'yesterday' and all the data not included in realtime.txt for display.

Fix the CUtags.php processing/upload and your site will return to normal displays.
meadowlark

Post by meadowlark »

The CUtags.txt is being uploaded, but not with data - at least that's what it looks like to me. Is the conversion to CUtags.php after CUtags.txt is uploaded to the server? While I was at it I made sure that CUtags.txt was being uploaded from the Cumulus/webfiles directory. There must be something else missing here that's not including data in that uploaded file.
Last edited by meadowlark on Tue 12 Mar 2019 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

You don't say if you are a 'newbie' or not.

You have told Cumulus it needs to 'process' the txt file and then upload / rename it ?

As per Kens instructions in the page:

EDIT: incorrect instructions removed :oops:
Last edited by beteljuice on Tue 12 Mar 2019 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
meadowlark

Post by meadowlark »

I am a newbie when it comes to trying to figure this out as I have had CU and the website up and running since the latter part of 2016. I am running in realtime is why the CUtags.txt to CUtags.php. Somewhere along the line I am not sure I had the trends page working correctly from the 1st day I installed the Saratoga template.
beteljuice

Post by beteljuice »

OK - back to scratch.

It is looking like CUtags.php is being uploaded from your machine to the server.
CUtags.php should not exist on your machine. - It should have been renamed CUtagsT.htm

CUtagsT.htm should be processed / uploaded / renamed as per the instructions above.

What does your CUtags.txt on your machine look like ?

Does it look like http://wxstation.us/weather/gen-CUtags.php ?
meadowlark

Post by meadowlark »

This is what I run and it's showing "old" data in the CUtags.php file on the server - http://wxstation.us/weather/CUtags.php?sce=dump
Reference CUtags.txt - no it does not have the same appearance as genCUtags.php
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

beteljuice is on the right track "OK - back to scratch", and just to help you along the way...

Remove the existing CUtags.txt in your Cumulus/web folder
Look in to your Saratoga download CU-plugin\WXtags-template-files folder and check the README.txt
You will also see file CUtags.txt which is a template file with webtags that needs to be processed and then the processed file to be renamed and FTP to your webserver.
Copy that CUtags.txt template file to your Cumulus\web folder
Then in your Cumulus extra web files settings select the local file to that Cumulus\web\CUtags.txt and remote file name to CUtags.php, tick process and FTP

If you have the correct path to your local file and remote location then at each Cumulus update interval the Cumulus\web\CUtags.txt template file will be processed by Cumulus and FTP to your site http://wxstation.us/weather/CUtags.php, and your Saratoga template will then have regular updated data.

Presumably what updates you have been getting on your Saratoga is from the Cumulus realtime.txt that has been updating by Cumulus. However realtime.txt does not include all the data that the Saratoga can display so you also need a current CUtags.php on your site. The one there currently appears to be the sample that comes with the CU-plugin http://wxstation.us/weather/CUtags.php?sce=view and not processed with current data.

Sorry if I am repeating what you may already know, but just starting from scratch.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

meadowlark

Post by meadowlark »

Paul - thanks for hanging in there with me on this one. I did do exactly as the README states and the CUtags.php is still not showing updated data and I am sure of the path on the server.
This afternoon, I cleared all the files within the C:/cumulus/webfiles directory, went thru the procedure regarding the CU plugin, loaded up new what was needed to be in the webfiles directory and rechecked my CU configuration regarding uploading CUtags.txt and the remote file CUtags.php.
Just took a look at FTP Log progress and it's showing that it's uploading CUtags.txttmp to remote CUtags.php - what's causing that?
And your exactly right, that data has been coming from the realtime.txt and it's even reflected in the "Status" check on the menu.
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

This afternoon, I cleared all the files within the C:/cumulus/webfiles directory, went thru the procedure regarding the CU plugin, loaded up new what was needed to be in the webfiles directory and rechecked my CU configuration regarding uploading CUtags.txt and the remote file CUtags.php.
The Cumulus \web folder and \webfiles folders are two different things. Not that it really matters as long as the source path and the remove location are correct for CUtags.txt and CUtags.php processing and FTP.
Just took a look at FTP Log progress and it's showing that it's uploading CUtags.txttmp to remote CUtags.php - what's causing that?
That would be correct. While Cumulus is processing the CUtags.txt it creates a temporary CUtags.txttmp
Does your FTP log show exactly or can you use Filezilla and follow exactly where that CUtags.php is being uploaded. The one in your http://wxstation.us/weather/CUtags.php?sce=view is still dated 2011. If it is actually being processed and uploaded and you can find the location on your webhost where that is then you should be able to set that location in your Saratoga Settings-weather.php

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+

beteljuice

Post by beteljuice »

Your web CUtags.php is NOT CUtags.txt

It is showing the example data and explanations which are simply not in CUtags.txt, even if it were not being processed .
portion:

Code: Select all

$rawdatalines = <<<END_OF_RAW_DATA_LINES
tempunit|<#tempunit>:|:
tempunitnodeg|<#tempunitnodeg>:|:
pressunit|<#pressunit>:|:
No explanations or comments.

If for some reason your CUtags.txt file does NOT look like this, copy the generated page from the link on your own site I posted.

If your CUtags.txt file DOES look like that, then we need to ensure Cumulus is processing the correct copy, and uploading to the correct place.
meadowlark

Post by meadowlark »

The FTP path for uploading my Cumulus files is /public_html/weather. I am beginning to suspect that the CUtags.php file on the server is not being overwritten. I even made sure the appropriate attributes were on the directory and the file in question. Changing the protocol of "renaming" or "deleting" during the upload process didn't change a thing.
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Test it by creating a new remote folder and then have Cumulus process CUtags.txt and FTP CUtags.php to that empty folder. Turn on FTP logging and see what it says.

Good luck,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+

meadowlark

Post by meadowlark »

Here's something meant to ask earlier - when you follow the instructions regarding saving the "CUtags.txt" file and put it in the "webfiles" or "web", whichever one your using; I noticed that there's a CUtags.php file sitting in there. I assume that got created in there during the process of updating some files. Is that suppose to get uploaded to the server?
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

The Cumulus\webfiles folder has the files to be manually FTP to your webserver for use by the Cumulus standard template. It doesn't look this was done and the reason your http://wxstation.us/weather/ is not a full template display. But since you are not using the Cumulus standard template this should not be an issue. I don't think any of the Cumulus\webfiles files are needed for the Saratpga. I have those all uploaded as I use both the Cumulus standard and Saratoga templates.

The Cumulus\web folder is intended to hold the template files for processing by Cumulus and then FTP. Not that you can't change that protocal but it makes things much easier on uploading, editing, etc.

The Saratoga template set comes with a CUtags.php as a sample and that is the one that shows on your http://wxstation.us/weather/CUtags.php?sce=view
(I have compared it to the CUtags.php from a recent Satatoga CU-plugin zip download) Nothing wrong with that for the initial setup, but since you have been running Saratoga for a few years that sample should not be there and a new regular processed and updated CUtags.php is needed. It is hard to imagine that this has not worked for going on to 3 years. But you already know this, and you are trying to get an updated CUtags.php on your site. I would just remove this stale/sample existing CUtags.php from the webserver.

So back to basics:
If you already have a CUtags.php on your computer, no you should not upload that. I would be tempted to remove it.
Make sure you have a valid CUtags.txt template file in your Cumulus\web folder (I would copy the downloaded file in there for simplicity). I have attached a zipped CUTags.txt from a recent Saratoga CU-plug download.

In your internet settings for extra files for Cumulus to process and upload make sure you are using the path to that valid CUtags.txt as the source. In your remote file make sure you have the path correct and the filename CUtags.php
I have mine as:
ExtraLocal10=C:\added_programs\Cumulus\web\CUtagsT.txt (I had renamd CUtags.txt as CUTagsT.txt again for uniformity in naming template files)
ExtraRemote10=public_html/weather/CUtags.php
and my updated CUtags.php is at www.komokaweather.com/weather/CUtags.php

After your Cumulus interval for updating check if it exists on your /weather folder
Or check your FTP log to see what has happened.

When you have CUtags.php updating then you may need to check your Settings-weather.php to make sure you have the path correct for the Saratoga template to access the CUtags.php

If that doesn't work, then sorry, it is beyond me to understand the File permissions, etc.

Enjoy,
Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Davis Vantage Pro2+