Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Wind speed and Wind gust units

Discussion of Ken True's web site templates

Moderator: saratogaWX

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Wind speed and Wind gust units

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Kapo,
Some time ago I had a similar issue of my Saratoga site not automatically updating and someone gave me a hint on what to do and that fixed it, but can't recall what I had to fix :oops:

This may have nothing to do with your issue but notice that your Davis console seems to update fine at the standard files update interval (1 minute) but the "Realtime updated sec ago" counter does not display. Do you have Realtime checked in the Internet Files Configuration, and if so at what interval? Your gauges-ss seem to be updating fine.

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
kapo
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by kapo »

Hi
Could someone be so helpful and tell me why my page stopped to update automaticly after my updating those scripts (= ajaxCUwx.js, ajax-gizmo.php, include-wxstatus.php, Settings.php ) , and is it possible to correct somehow? I myself have inspected those scripts and php:s and I don't find place where to get my page to upload for example in 60 sec:s. My page have not had this kind of problem before... wish I could find the place where I have made mistake in this time... We have here in Finland old saying : "why fix it if it works..." And now I did this mistake altough I knew that.....

best regards:

-kapo-
saratogaWX
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional

Post by saratogaWX »

You appear to have a JavaScript syntax error in ajaxCUwx.js and any JavaScript error stops all JavaScript from processing on the page -- regrettably, JavaScript is very unforgiving for syntax issues :(

The line

Code: Select all

var langMonths = new Array ( ""Tammikuu","Helmikuu","Maaliskuu","Huhtikuu","Toukokuu",
should read as

var langMonths = new Array ( "Tammikuu","Helmikuu","Maaliskuu","Huhtikuu","Toukokuu",

Also, you do not have to change ajaxCUwx.js for your language (Suomi). The Suomi language variables are already in language-fi.js file, and if you want to adjust them, you should do the adjustments there.

Once the JavaScript syntax error(s) are fixed, the AJAX updates should work again :)

Best regards,
Ken
kapo
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by kapo »

saratogaWX wrote:You appear to have a JavaScript syntax error in ajaxCUwx.js and any JavaScript error stops all JavaScript from processing on the page -- regrettably, JavaScript is very unforgiving for syntax issues :(

The line

var langMonths = new Array ( ""Tammikuu","Helmikuu","Maaliskuu","Huhtikuu","Toukokuu",
should read as

var langMonths = new Array ( "Tammikuu","Helmikuu","Maaliskuu","Huhtikuu","Toukokuu",

Also, you do not have to change ajaxCUwx.js for your language (Suomi). The Suomi language variables are already in language-fi.js file, and if you want to adjust them, you should do the adjustments there.

Once the JavaScript syntax error(s) are fixed, the AJAX updates should work again :)

Best regards,
Ken
Hi
And Again! I knew that it is something very simple or stupid...... :oops: :cry: :oops: And it was both of them, and made by kapo, as always....
I corrected those errors by copying that language settings from original ajaxCUwx. And now everything seems to be o.k.
How can You find those errors? I have inspected, installed ajaxCUwx about 5 times, but not work... I really didn't see those errors...
But Thank You Ken More Than I can say!!!! And merry Christmas to You and Your family....
And my newyear promise is that I try to be without making errors like that, and try to not disturb You with these kind of stupid mistakes...

Best Regards
-kapo-
saratogaWX
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional

Post by saratogaWX »

And a Merry Christmas to you kapo, and your family :)

I use the Firefox browser, and it has a series of indicators on it that show when a JavaScript or CSS error is present, then will open a display box showing which script/line has the issue. I think similar debugging features are available with Chrome, Opera, and IE

When the green-flash stops (or never occurs), then the thing to suspect is a JavaScript error which is stopping all JavaScript from execution.

Best regards,
Ken