Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New Weather Website Not Refreshing Automatically

Discussion of Ken True's web site templates

Moderator: saratogaWX

Dan Clark
Weather Station: Davis VP2 (6153)
Operating System: Win7/64

New Weather Website Not Refreshing Automatically

Post by Dan Clark »

Good evening (morning?).

I've converted my weather website (http://www.bellevuewaweather.com/wxindex.php) from Weather Display to Cumulus. Or at least the basic work is done. But there is still much work left...

One initial issue is that the web page will not auto-refresh even though the realtime auto update is set to 10 seconds (see screen shot). I'm very much of a noob with Cumulus, so I've probably missed something or have a setting wrong. I hope someone can give me a pointer on how I can fix this.

Thanks,

Dan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
saratogaWX
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional

Re: New Weather Website Not Refreshing Automatically

Post by saratogaWX »

Looking at http://www.bellevuewaweather.com/wxstatus.php shows that your CUtags.php has never uploaded (your site is showing my sample CUtags.php included with the template set). Your realtime.txt updated yesterday, so I suspect there are two problems:

1) you may need to put a directory (like /public_html or /www , depending on your hoster) in the Directory: entry of the FTP setup

2) make sure you have done the Cumulus setup to have your CUtags.php updating on your website

Hope this helps...

Best regards,
Ken
Dan Clark
Weather Station: Davis VP2 (6153)
Operating System: Win7/64

Re: New Weather Website Not Refreshing Automatically

Post by Dan Clark »

saratogaWX wrote:Looking at http://www.bellevuewaweather.com/wxstatus.php shows that your CUtags.php has never uploaded (your site is showing my sample CUtags.php included with the template set). Your realtime.txt updated yesterday, so I suspect there are two problems:

1) you may need to put a directory (like /public_html or /www , depending on your hoster) in the Directory: entry of the FTP setup

2) make sure you have done the Cumulus setup to have your CUtags.php updating on your website

Hope this helps...

Best regards,
Ken
Ken,

Excellent catch on the directory!!! I had some permissions errors early on and one of my tests was to remove "/public_html" from the directory field. I solved the permissions issue, but forgot to revert the directory field back.

Many thanks and best regards,

Dan.

p.s. Lots of changes forthcoming. And lots of questions, I suspect. But that will have to be in another post. 8-)