Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Small Problem configuring steel gauges

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

raul_sbd
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10

Small Problem configuring steel gauges

Post by raul_sbd »

Is it anyone on the forum that can help me with the steps? i managed now to now how to to configure edit internet files..

ie.

realtime file:-
Local filename = c:\programs\Cumulus\web\realtimegaugesT.txt (is the path on my computer where i have saved the file isnt)
Remote filename = htdocs/realtimegauges.txt (is the folder on my webhost provider where i have all the cumulus files isnt)
Process = Yes
Realtime = Yes
FTP = Yes

Will that configuration of the file will sound correct?

Do i need to do any FTP movement of files?

and my last question is do i have to modify the Web Settings option in Cumulus to enable realtime or ftp realtime or txt realtime or tick any option?

Massive thank you in advance!!
My Weather Site Sale M33 (Uk)

http://raulsbd.co.uk/index.htm
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Small Problem configuring steel gauges

Post by mcrossley »

raul_sbd wrote:Is it anyone on the forum that can help me with the steps? i managed now to now how to to configure edit internet files..

ie.

Local filename = c:\programs\Cumulus\web\realtimegaugesT.txt (is the path on my computer where i have saved the file isnt)
Remote filename = htdocs/realtimegauges.txt (is the folder on my webhost provider where i have all the cumulus files isnt)
Process = Yes
Realtime = Yes
FTP = Yes

Yes.
raul_sbd wrote:Do i need to do any FTP movement of files?
Yes, you need to copy all the scripts/css/html up to your webserver as detailed in the Wiki
raul_sbd wrote:and my last question is do i have to modify the Web Settings option in Cumulus to enable realtime or ftp realtime or txt realtime or tick any option?
Yes, you need to have realtime and ftp enabled in Cumulus.
raul_sbd

Post by raul_sbd »

mcrossley wrote:
raul_sbd wrote:Is it anyone on the forum that can help me with the steps? i managed now to now how to to configure edit internet files..

ie.

Process = Yes
Realtime = Yes
FTP = Yes

Yes.
raul_sbd wrote:Do i need to do any FTP movement of files?
Yes, you need to copy all the scripts/css/html up to your webserver as detailed in the Wiki
raul_sbd wrote:and my last question is do i have to modify the Web Settings option in Cumulus to enable realtime or ftp realtime or txt realtime or tick any option?
Yes, you need to have realtime and ftp enabled in Cumulus.
So the step 1 and 2 of the wiki guide to install the gauges.. do I need to move the files using Filezilla? or is just a matter to copy those 2 files on my c:/ cumulus location on my computer?
Also for the last step to copy the two folders do I need to use ftp filezilla? or again is just a mater to but them on the cumulus location on c drive? im a bit confused..

Guide link http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/SteelSeries_Gauges
My Weather Site Sale M33 (Uk)

http://raulsbd.co.uk/index.htm
tobyspond

Post by tobyspond »

Hi,

If you want the gauges on your website then yes you need to copy the folders to your website, filezilla is one way of doing it.
Copy "realtimegaugesT.txt" to your Cumulus web folder.
Copy "gauges-ssT.htm" to your Cumulus web folder.
Copy (or move) the folders 'css' and 'scripts' and their contents to the folder where your "gauges-ss.htm" file is located (probably the same folder where all your other Cumulus HTM files are located)

Kerry