Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX release 3.8.4 (build 3094) - 14 September 2020 (please see announcement regarding releases since 3.5.0)
Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of the NOAA report and Snow Index drop-down menus to 2030)

Use this Wiki link to Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items).

Suggestions for 'devices'?

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

jarom
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue 15 Oct 2013 11:08 pm
Weather Station: WH 1080
Operating System: Raspbian + Raspberry pi 2
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Suggestions for 'devices'?

Post by jarom »

My wondering:
1. Cloud base gauge - hundreds of pilots (paragliding, gliding, General Aviation) will be grateful of this. 8-)

2. Configurable message field and counter field :
- color of the background - different with LCD field in the gauges
- black frame around - #true, #false, # color HEX
- text alignment in this field - left, right, center
- text animation - #true, #false,

jaro
http://zielona10.zz.mu/

kapo
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu 03 Jan 2013 1:59 pm
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10
Location: Vihtavuori, Laukaa, Finland

Re: Suggestions for 'devices'?

Post by kapo »

Hi
I have couple of suggestions for gauges:
Wind speed as radial gradient gauge. And rpm-gauge, which have anempmeters rounds / minute and decimal as windrun. Pics attached.

-kapo-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
gwheelo
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed 11 Jun 2008 7:36 pm
Weather Station: WMR-88
Operating System: Windows 8.1
Location: L'Estartit, Spain
Contact:

Re: Suggestions for 'devices'?

Post by gwheelo »

as odometer, and as trip the windrun of today......

Is this what you want for windrun: http://www.wheelocknet.net/cumulus/gauges.html?gb ?

gwheelo
Image

kapo
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu 03 Jan 2013 1:59 pm
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10
Location: Vihtavuori, Laukaa, Finland

Re: Suggestions for 'devices'?

Post by kapo »

gwheelo wrote:as odometer, and as trip the windrun of today......

Is this what you want for windrun: http://www.wheelocknet.net/cumulus/gauges.html?gb ?

gwheelo
Yes, I have those same gauges. But I mean total windrun as odometer, plus that 24h windrun "trip".

User avatar
gwheelo
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed 11 Jun 2008 7:36 pm
Weather Station: WMR-88
Operating System: Windows 8.1
Location: L'Estartit, Spain
Contact:

Re: Suggestions for 'devices'?

Post by gwheelo »

plus that 24h windrun "trip"
Not quite certain what you want - "windrun" shows total miles since rollover. The " windrunY" tag shows total 24 hour "trip" for the previous day. Is it the last 24 hours from this moment total you are seeking?

I am not aware of a webtag for that. I suspect you would have to write a javascript routine to extract that figure - you might look at the "WindSampleCount" and "wspddata" tags to see if they are useful for your needs. For most needs the calculations Cumulus provides are sufficient. Why do you need the last 24 hours from right now.

gwheelo
Image

kapo
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu 03 Jan 2013 1:59 pm
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10
Location: Vihtavuori, Laukaa, Finland

Re: Suggestions for 'devices'?

Post by kapo »

gwheelo wrote:
plus that 24h windrun "trip"
Not quite certain what you want - "windrun" shows total miles since rollover. The " windrunY" tag shows total 24 hour "trip" for the previous day. Is it the last 24 hours from this moment total you are seeking?

I am not aware of a webtag for that. I suspect you would have to write a javascript routine to extract that figure - you might look at the "WindSampleCount" and "wspddata" tags to see if they are useful for your needs. For most needs the calculations Cumulus provides are sufficient. Why do you need the last 24 hours from right now.

gwheelo
I mean that total wind run from the beginning to this time. And that "trip" is already there, that wind run for today, from 0:00 to this moment. But I don't know where is that total wind run shown? Sorry about bad explanation, but this english is so much different than my home language. But I try to explain: My motorbike or car has odometer, that shows total kms on it. And then there is those trip1, trip2 and so on, which can set zero, when someone wants.. This wind run has this value, which automaticly sets to zero in midnight. I suggested that odo, which shows total wind run... I don't know if it is shown somewhere, but I don't know where. And that rpm is for that how many rounds anemometer goes in one minute... These are my suggestions....

-kapo-

User avatar
mcrossley
Posts: 6931
Joined: Thu 07 Jan 2010 9:44 pm
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Buster Lite rPi
Location: Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Suggestions for 'devices'?

Post by mcrossley »

jarom wrote:My wondering:
1. Cloud base gauge - hundreds of pilots (paragliding, gliding, General Aviation) will be grateful of this. 8-)
I'm not sure this needs a new type of gauge, a standard radial or vertical linear gauge could display these values.
jarom wrote:2. Configurable message field and counter field :
- color of the background - different with LCD field in the gauges
- black frame around - #true, #false, # color HEX
- text alignment in this field - left, right, center
- text animation - #true, #false,
You can already customise the LCD background colours on the gauges, and the frame surrounds.

The LCD animation is controllable too (fixed, scrolling, or - the default used on the weather gauges - scroll only if the text is too wide to fit within the display).

Have you taken a look at the steelseries demo pages?
http://www.wilmslowastro.com/steelserie ... adial.html
http://www.wilmslowastro.com/steelserie ... inear.html
http://www.wilmslowastro.com/steelserie ... xtras.html
http://www.wilmslowastro.com/steelserie ... Watch.html
http://www.wilmslowastro.com/steelserie ... Light.html
http://www.wilmslowastro.com/steelserie ... tBulb.html
http://www.wilmslowastro.com/steelserie ... tions.html

jarom
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue 15 Oct 2013 11:08 pm
Weather Station: WH 1080
Operating System: Raspbian + Raspberry pi 2
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Suggestions for 'devices'?

Post by jarom »

mcrossley wrote: You can already customise the LCD background colours on the gauges, and the frame surrounds.
Thank you for your answer.
More less I found a method how to customize gauges and display.
I can't find how I can switch off a frame around display and timer, and how to switch off a colorful scale around temperature gauge (to get monochrome scale like in the gauge of wind for example).
Any way - I have to say - I'm still under impress of this work and how clever this is made. (those gauges I mean) ;)

jarom
http://www.zielona10.zz.mu

User avatar
mcrossley
Posts: 6931
Joined: Thu 07 Jan 2010 9:44 pm
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Buster Lite rPi
Location: Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Suggestions for 'devices'?

Post by mcrossley »

jarom wrote:I can't find how I can switch off a frame around display and timer
Still not sure what you mean, the LCD panels only have a line around them rather than a frame?
jarom wrote: and how to switch off a colorful scale around temperature gauge (to get monochrome scale like in the gauge of wind for example).
That is set by the 'sections', so comment out line 594...

Code: Select all

//params.section = _temp.sections;

jarom
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue 15 Oct 2013 11:08 pm
Weather Station: WH 1080
Operating System: Raspbian + Raspberry pi 2
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Suggestions for 'devices'?

Post by jarom »

mcrossley wrote: Still not sure what you mean, the LCD panels only have a line around them rather than a frame?
Sorry for my English :oops: . Of course I mean black line around canvas_status and canvas_timer fields.

jarom

User avatar
mcrossley
Posts: 6931
Joined: Thu 07 Jan 2010 9:44 pm
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Buster Lite rPi
Location: Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Suggestions for 'devices'?

Post by mcrossley »

To alter that you will have to edit the SteelSeries library. This has been done by others, but not something I want to support on a regular basis.

TheBridge
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon 16 Mar 2020 3:23 am
Weather Station: Davis
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Suggestions for 'devices'?

Post by TheBridge »

Did sunrise/sunset and moon phase get added?? I don't see webtags for either.

- Bridge

User avatar
mcrossley
Posts: 6931
Joined: Thu 07 Jan 2010 9:44 pm
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Buster Lite rPi
Location: Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Suggestions for 'devices'?

Post by mcrossley »

TheBridge wrote:
Fri 03 Apr 2020 3:30 pm
Did sunrise/sunset and moon phase get added?? I don't see webtags for either.

- Bridge
Web tags for all those values have always been in Cumulus MX?

TheBridge
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon 16 Mar 2020 3:23 am
Weather Station: Davis
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Suggestions for 'devices'?

Post by TheBridge »

Ok.
I had to stay at Cumulus 1 (with steelgauges) for the moment, which is solid as a granite rock, because MX just didn't play nice when I tried the upgrade a couple of weeks ago.

water01
Posts: 1975
Joined: Sat 13 Aug 2011 9:33 am
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit
Location: Burnham-on-Sea
Contact:

Re: Suggestions for 'devices'?

Post by water01 »

TheBridge wrote:
Fri 03 Apr 2020 6:05 pm
Ok.
I had to stay at Cumulus 1 (with steelgauges) for the moment, which is solid as a granite rock, because MX just didn't play nice when I tried the upgrade a couple of weeks ago.
Don't quite understand this comment as I would say CumulusMX is a more solid product nowadays with more options. What didn't play nice?
David
Image

Post Reply