Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

SteelSeries Layouts

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

serowe
Weather Station: WM918
Operating System: Win Server 2008 R2

Re: SteelSeries Layouts

Post by serowe »

Richard - you are correct about the Fingals Flying Ship initials - call it frustration over some looking for negativity in everything when there isn't.

Mark - re my own site - yes it is crowded but, if you have looked at the changes on it over the past 3-4 weeks (particularly) you would have seen some major changes aimed at aleviating that issue - and the layout still hasn't finished and probably won't for a few more weeks yet. It (the page) is now loading much faster than originally written, and plenty faster than when I re-wrote the Cumulus supplied scripts to do the same display.

I don't want to get into graphical layouts - primary reason is I'm not good at doing them :) - but, like many others, I know what hits me as being 'good' and 'bad'. I made the comments/suggestions about combining a few of the gauges for a very simple reason - the information the combined gauges would give are always (or very nbearly always) quoted together anyway, so by doing some grouping, you are then allowing for a more concise and easier to understand gauge whilst allowing, if people want it, for more gauges showing different data lines/trends.

As for leading to WD type pages - friendly suggestion - don't even go down that road! Beside making things horribly complicated, they start to look cluttered.

I guess where I cam coming from is that I do a lot of work helping users install and setting up web sites that display family genealogical information. You can't really get more 'data intensive' than someone who wants to somehow display his 20000+ ancestral names on a web page! The one thing I always look for is how to group common information so people don't have to start asking 'WTH do I find that' or 'Where did I see that before' The balancing act is finding, as you say, that middle ground.

Bottom line again - and I believe you, Mark, read what I wrote as I intended it, it was just suggestions after casting a critical eye over what you had presented and then asked for comments on. Noting more.
Punctuation is the difference between 'Let's eat, grandma' and 'Let's eat grandma'
GraemeT
Weather Station: La Crosse WS-2355 & WS-2306
Operating System: Windoze 7, 10, 11

Post by GraemeT »

For what it's worth, I'm partial to this layout:
layout1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,
Graeme.
tobyspond
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by tobyspond »

For better or for worse and always subject to change! Here is my layout:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Interesting to see someone using the background image feature. I see you have a max UV indicator, I didn't think Cumulus provided that information?
tobyspond

Post by tobyspond »

Hi Mark,

It is the threshold value, which I overlooked it when modifying the gauges.js and I corrected it so no more threshold. Thanks for pointing it out. Adding the logo was fairly straightforward and a nice way to personalize the gauges. I need to add the radar plot one of these days; I just need to set aside a chunk of time to figure out how to do it.

Kerry
hectic
Weather Station: WH-3080
Operating System: windows vista

Post by hectic »

tobyspond wrote:For better or for worse and always subject to change! Here is my layout:
I like this one and I like the idea of the gauge showing the solar radiation and also that max uv indicator.
tobyspond

Post by tobyspond »

Thank you Richard.

Your page looks nice too.

The indicator on thew UV gauge was an error/oversight on my part that I have since corrected.

Kerry
gwheelo
Weather Station: WMR-88
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Post by gwheelo »

Critics invitation:

http://www.wheelocknet.net/cumulus/gauges.html?gb

You are invited to provide your criticism of my wind speed and Windrose gauge design; color, design, layout, text style, location, font, color, etc.. I have added Wrindrun text to the wind speed gauge and it may be too much, not in the right spot, color, etc..

So all you graphic designers and self claimed,experts - tell me what you like, dislike, would change, would leave out - don't hold back!

Oh - and I added windrun info to the Wind speed popup.

George Wheelock
BeaumarisWX
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus - 24hr FARS
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Hades Canyon

Post by BeaumarisWX »

Hi Mark,

Brilliant job on the Gauges, however as I'm new at this - struggling to know what to install where and upload to website.

Looked through many posts - however can not find all that answer my questions.

I'm running Cumulus v 1.9.2 and WH1901.

I've been able to update to a new layout but now struggling what to do toimpliment a combination of Linear and Radial Gauges.
In addition the Reports and DataSummary pages.

I also noted that your site runs the next update condown and displays the System Green LED (very nice) again not sure how to impliment.
Maybe the latter is why I have to click refresh on my browser to update the page.

My website link is attached below - however for now it is only sub under another of my incomplete sites - as I'm currently setting up a home based server to host all.

Link Is : http://www.antiquechinaglasscollectible ... /index.htm

Hope you can assist -regards

Tony :)
Tony Beaumaris, Tasmania (AUS)

CMX Mobile : https://beaumaris-weather.com/BWX/
CMX Default: https://beaumaris-weather.com/cumulusmx_default/
Colour Dashboard : https://beaumaris-weather.com/dashborad_color.php
Click below for Saratoga Template :