Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

IS THERE AN ADDON FOR UV GAUGE IN CUMULUS??

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: IS THERE AN ADDON FOR UV GAUGE IN CUMULUS??

Post by mcrossley »

hectic wrote:I like the steel series gauges they look very nice but how do you get them and how do you add them to cumulus
Try here: https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5478
hectic wrote:Did you just make those UV gauge examples today?
Yes, I have it fully functioning now.
SJG1976
Weather Station: Davis WLL, with Airlink
Operating System: Raspberry Pi3 MX on USB Drive

Post by SJG1976 »

Looking forward to the UV Update Mark.

I still have no idea how you make the gauges, it's like some form of magic to me!
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

SJG1976 wrote:Looking forward to the UV Update Mark.
All done, just waiting to see if some translations are forthcoming, if not I'll release it as English only at first and update it later.
SJG1976 wrote:I still have no idea how you make the gauges, it's like some form of magic to me!
Me too sometimes! :lol:
SJG1976

Post by SJG1976 »

Yay!

Thanks for the info.

Looking forward to it.
I don't suppose you can make it sunny as well can you, so I can test it!

:lol:
aussiewmr
Weather Station: Davis VP2+
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 1903

Post by aussiewmr »

mcrossley wrote: What I am going to do is push out v1.4.0 with just an additional UV gauge as that is the most 'useful' item to most people I think and then maybe a light level later - if there is demand.
One vote from me for the light level gauge. Would you have capability to choose between LUX and W/M2 ?

Phil
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

SJG1976 wrote:I don't suppose you can make it sunny as well can you, so I can test it!
Nice and sunny up here is Cheshire :)
aussiewmr wrote:One vote from me for the light level gauge. Would you have capability to choose between LUX and W/M2 ?
Not even thought about that yet.

I have made the UV scale from 0 to 16, there does not seem to be an upper limit other than 'mid-teens' which I guess is when the Earths atmosphere is sucked off and you're in the tropics. :lol:

As I haven't been trampled in the rush to translate so far, I'll release it as English only later today.
SJG1976

Post by SJG1976 »

Thanks Mark,

I couldn't find anything about UV Levels, other than anything about 11 is extreme.

Some seem to go up to 20 other to 16.

Mine on 1 at the moment.
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

mcrossley wrote:What is the upper limit for the UV index? I remember a thread about it, but the forum search will not let you search on "UV" :(
Mark, according to the Davis documentation for the Vantage Pro2 Plus weather station, the UV Index range is from 0 to 16.

And if you ever decide to include a solar gauge, again, according to the Davis documentation for the Vantage Pro2 Plus weather station, the Solar Radiation range is from 0 to 1800 W/m². ;)

Oh, by the way, I have been able to modify the UV Index gauge from the radial format to the linear bargraph - very nice indeed. :)
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

gemini06720 wrote: Mark, according to the Davis documentation for the Vantage Pro2 Plus weather station, the UV Index range is from 0 to 16.
Thanks Ray
gemini06720 wrote:And if you ever decide to include a solar gauge, again, according to the Davis documentation for the Vantage Pro2 Plus weather station, the Solar Radiation range is from 0 to 1800 W/m². ;)
and again
gemini06720 wrote:Oh, by the way, I have been able to modify the UV Index gauge from the radial format to the linear bargraph - very nice indeed. :)
Glad you enjoy playing around with them. One thing, shouldn't the first segment be illuminated for zero? It is on the radial bargraph, I'll check the linear. You may have to 'tweak' the section colour boundaries - they are set for a type4 radial gauge, with having discrete steps rather than a continuous range you cannot simply set the sections at nice round numbers 0-3, 3-4 etc
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I can't remember what the outcome was of the discussion over the max UV value for Oregon Scientific stations, but I appear to have imposed a limit of 16 in Cumulus (i.e. everything above 16 gets reported as 16).
Steve
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

mcrossley wrote:One thing, shouldn't the first segment be illuminated for zero? It is on the radial bargraph, I'll check the linear. You may have to 'tweak' the section colour boundaries - they are set for a type4 radial gauge, with having discrete steps rather than a continuous range you cannot simply set the sections at nice round numbers 0-3, 3-4 etc
Mark, I have been trying different settings for the UV Index gauge but could not get the first segment (the LED above the zero) to light up... :evil:
steve wrote:...but I appear to have imposed a limit of 16 in Cumulus (i.e. everything above 16 gets reported as 16).
Steve, I think that the UV Index limit should remain at 16, since, unfortunately, more likely, the UV Index values reported by other (lower-priced) weather stations are certainly not as accurate as the values reported by a Davis Instruments Vantage Pro2 Plus... :roll:

Note: A Davis Instruments Vantage Pro2 Plus console can/will display UV readings in two scales: (from the Davis Instruments documentation).
  • UV Index: "An intensity measurement first defined by Environment Canada and since been adopted by the World Meteorological Organiza-tion - UV Index assigns a number between 0 and 16 to the current UV intensity - the Index value published by the U.S. National Weather Service is a forecast of the next day’s noontime UV intensity - the index values displayed by the Vantage Pro2 are real-time measurements" - Range: 0 to 16
  • MEDs: "Minimum Erythemal Dose or the amount of sunlight exposure necessary to induce a barely perceptible redness of the skin within 24 hours after sun exposure - in other words, exposure to 1 MED will result in a reddening of the skin - both the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Environment Canada have developed skin type categories correlating characteristics of skin with rates of sunburn" - Range: 0 to 199 MEDs
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

gemini06720 wrote: Mark, I have been trying different settings for the UV Index gauge but could not get the first segment (the LED above the zero) to light up... :evil:
Ray, your gauges have highlighted a few little niggles with the linear gauges. I'm fixing them now. The linear bargraphs do not light up the first LED for zero by design whereas the radial bargraphs do. I'll change the linear gauges to match the radial behaviour as I prefer it that way and it will make them consistent.
hectic
Weather Station: WH-3080
Operating System: windows vista

Post by hectic »

This is quite exciting in a funny way.
Its almost like Christmas time wondering if your present is going to be a UV or Solar gauge to add to your website.
Your a bunch of clever people and I wish that i could understand how you do it.
I start reading up on it and trying things out but i think my brain must have been designed for more manual things.
I think its amazing the things that can be done on a computer.

How about a how many cats are dumping in the garden gauge, Can you do that? :lol:

By the way , that eyeball very disturbing sometimes. It reminds me of when I had my eyes lasered
Last edited by hectic on Sun 15 Jan 2012 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

mcrossley wrote:...your gauges have highlighted a few little niggles with the linear gauges.
Mark, do you mean that you saw the colour of some of the LEDs on my horizontal UV Index gauge... I must have missed that... 8-)

Oh, Mark, than you for 'standardising' (fixing) the linear bargraph gauges... ;)
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Ray, try version 0.9.12 now on github...

v0.9.12
> Linear/LinearBargraph
* Added missing darker value track for the TURNED background
* Fixed up misalignment of bargraph track backgrounds
* Changed so zero value lights first LED to be consistent with RadialBargraphs