Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Trend graphs not updating using MX

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

TheBridge
Weather Station: Davis
Operating System: Windows 10

Trend graphs not updating using MX

Post by TheBridge »

Hi Mark - I have Cumulus 1 running fine with SS including the mouse-over pop up trend graphs. I have a second, separate install to run MX and hopefully retire the previous Cumulus version. I only run either version at one time; not both. After some startup issues with MX the last hurdle appears to be that the mouse-over pop up trend graphs do not update. When did I miss in my MX install to get those going?
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Trend graphs not updating using MX

Post by water01 »

I assume you mean the Trends graphs in the MX Web Site or do you mean Graphs in the Cumulus MX interface? Either way these are Graphs produced by HighCharts that show a pop-up that shows the details of the data at a point of time, so cannot update except if you move the mouse?
David
TheBridge

Post by TheBridge »

David, UYes, I'm referring to the trend charts on the website.
MX Interface is fine.
A clue is I am likely missing a HighCharts component in my install?
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

I'm confused, do you mean the graphs page, or the pop-up graphs on the SS gauges?

If the latter (which I think is what you mean), then there is no built-in support in Cumulus MX for generating those, the ones you are seeing will be the last ones generated by Cumulus 1 when it was running.

To generate similar graphs with Cumulus MX you will need to add another component to your web server - see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13189
TheBridge

Post by TheBridge »

OK. I get it that the MX is not the same of Cumulus and I would lose things I like. Got that. Means I stay put for now.

My final question then: is possible to run Culumus 1 AND re-configure MX (that is in a separate install on the same PC) to so that ONLY its web-based Admin page will run simultaneously and not interfere with Cumulus 1 operations including MX having:
* FTP to website disabled
* 'FTP Now' disabled
* no comm with datalogger

but MX is pointed to and able to access Cumulus 1 data so as to:
* View and display current conditions
* Access and modify records (which is really, really handy and Cumulus just doesn't do).