Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Best/safest way to edit gauges.js?

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

oh6hps
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: RaspberryPi 2

Best/safest way to edit gauges.js?

Post by oh6hps »

I guess this topic is discussed a million times already, but I'm having a hard times to edit gauges.js without getting Å-characters on gauges. I´m aware of UTF-8, but still getting those scands.

I'm using Filezilla and tried to use HTML5 edit, Textwrangler (macOS) with same results most of the times. I simply want to edit some basic things such as frame colours of SteelSeries etc. Nothing fancy :-). Now it is always a holding a breath -moment after uploading a edited file.

My main goal is to find safe/proper "workflow" to edit gauges.js. I have spend my Christmas reading boards and trying things. Now it is time to admit my ability read / understand what is my main issue. Well, at the same time having a good time with Cumulus MX & SteelSeries. My gauges looks ok now, after uploading a backup file...

Happy holidays!
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Re: Best/safest way to edit gauges.js?

Post by ConligWX »

I'm using notepad++ https://notepad-plus-plus.org/ work brilliantly on most files
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

oh6hps

Post by oh6hps »

Thanks for your reply Simon, I´ll try it with my Windows laptop. I guess it is also part of a safe method to stop Cumulus while editing?

UPDATE: After closing down Cumulus MX before editing: Success with Notepad ++ and Textwrangler. HTML5 Editor messed up gauges with extra characters. I'm happy again :)
ronwright418
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 2

Post by ronwright418 »

Notepad++ can be used within FileZilla. Have mine set up that way and it works very well. :D
Ron Wright (ronwright418)
oh6hps

Post by oh6hps »

Thanks Ron, I´ll try it. Now it is time to get those graphs populated on gauges. Like you have... :)
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

I use WinSCP on my Windows PC to my CumulsMX server, and then edit any files with Notepad++.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •