Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Pop up graphs

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

labratt104
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7

Pop up graphs

Post by labratt104 »

I am using the SteelSeries Gauges with my Weather Display installation. Everything is working well, except for the popup graphs that appear when I mouseover the gauges. The box appears, with text at the top of the box describing the readings on the gauge, but there is no graph appearing in the box.

Does this feature work with Weather Display? My weather station is a Davis Vantage VUE. With the Weather Display website, the graphs do appear if I click on the gauges in Weather Display, but just an empty box with a small image appearing in the upper left corner.

Thanks in advance.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Pop up graphs

Post by mcrossley »

It might be appropriate to ask this question on the WD forum ;)
It has been asked quite a few times, and the solution can be found there - hint I believe you need another package to produce the graphs.
labratt104

Post by labratt104 »

Well, I have spent most of the day and evening reading through several hundred posts, most of which are many years old, and I still have not found the answer. Thanks anyway.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

The first hit searching the WD forum for "steel series graphs" is this, which links to this.
labratt104

Post by labratt104 »

OK, I understand how search works. I did in fact find that thread. It's also an issue that at least half of the link locations are invalid, or the links are dead.

Having the graphs popup on mouseover isn't a dealbreaker for me. I don't want to spend a weekend trying to go through every post and find links to examples and/or downloads that actually work. Is there a way to disable the mouseover function so the graph boxes don't even show up?

Again, I'm using WD, I'm on the latest release, my customeclientraw.txt file seems to contain all of the information required.

My weather page is at www.demm.us. If I use the WDLive gauges and wdlconfig.xml, that program creates the graphs when I click on a gauge.

I much prefer the Steelseries gauges for their appearance, and as I said, the graphs aren't a dealbreaker. If there is an easy way to disable the mouseover function, I'll go that route.

Thanks again for your assistance.
labratt104

Post by labratt104 »

Figured it out. Now the popups only show the information, no more empty box where the graph should be. I keep seeing a reference to "Trend" graphs on the various configuration files, also. And if I try to navigate to one of the image .php files from Chrome, for instance http://www.demm.us/wpxgraphs/baro_1hr.php, I get this:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

http://www.demm.us/home/wpxgraphs/baro_1hr.php

Gets me this:

Not Found

The requested document was not found on this server.
Web Server at demm.net

Although /home/ is the directory where all the files and folders are stored.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

The home directory is normally where the root of your web server is located, so you do not specify it in the urls.

Sorry, I don't know anything about the WXgraphs package, I suggest you ask on the WD forum where you will find many users of the software.