Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Weather station currently offline

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

rabbitsfeet
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Weather station currently offline

Post by rabbitsfeet »

Newby on nearly all aspects involved :oops: but installed cumulus and steelseries gauges on www.meteo18.fr

The (not directly from main page accessible) page www.meteo18.fr/gauges-ss.htm gives error "weather station currently offline" although all other pages working as expected.

What could cause this phenomena?

Bart
dimitris vichos
Weather Station: wh 1080
Operating System: linux mint 19

Re: Weather station currently offline

Post by dimitris vichos »

your trends its wrong. you must to edit your monthlogtext, the feb15.txt in the data file of the cumulus file . one line of the data its out of bounds of the list data. with copy- past , place the line in the right place, save the flle and open cumulus.
Meteostation of Nea Moudania Chalkidiki Greece
https://kairos.moudania.com/index.php
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

You have the path in gauges.js to realtimegauges.tst set incorrectly, you need to remove the / in front of the name in the string.

I would ignore the previous post it has nothing to do with the gauges-ss.htm code.
David
rabbitsfeet

Post by rabbitsfeet »

Thanks for this suggestion, I will modify this immediately. See what's happening then. Hmm, looks like that didn't work.
I modified this to an explicit root, according to the documentation, since it didn't work with an "out of the box" installation.
rabbitsfeet

Post by rabbitsfeet »

Btw, am I right in assuming that rt gauges use the string realtimegauges.txt as it's input? I can see that I have two rt gauges .txt strings i.e. realtimegauges.txt and realtimegaugesT.txt . Looks like the realtimegaugesT.txt gets updated but not the eealtimegauges.txt . That's probably because this is the setting in Cumulus -- Internet Settings -- Files.? And that solved the problem! Slashed the "T" from the string in the files transfer setting andit's updating as expected. Thanks for the help :D
Bart
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

realtimegaugesT.txt is the unprocessed file that needs to be processed by Cumulus and then uploaded at the realtime interval as realtimegauges.txt as per the instructions in the Wiki.

The T convention is the same as Steve introduced for Cumulus and indicates a template file that has to be processed and uploaded to your server by Cumulus FTP without the T. It allows you to make amendments to the base web page or data.
David