Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Just Upgraded to 2.5.1

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Just Upgraded to 2.5.1

Post by mcrossley »

Paul, first you need to update the Saratoga template file as per the readme - in the version changes section.

Now, your long polling is timing out after not receiving a response from the server after 21 seconds.

You have your realtime interval set to 5 seconds in gauges.js, is that really how often Cumulus is uploading? Long polling will use this value to decide when to send the next poll to try and avoid a timeout. After receiving a response from the server, it will wait before sending the next poll for 20 seconds before the next update is expected if the interval is greater than 20 seconds.

I can't find the realtimegauges.txt file on your server to see how often it is updating.

If it is updating every 5 seconds, then it may be that the server is caching the file in PHP and it is not seeing the updates. The PHP code attempts to bypass any cache, but if doesnt work on your server you may have to revert to normal polling.

Actually, the gauges do seem to work for stretches of time, and the data is updating every 10 seconds, not 5. So why occasionally it doesn't seem to update within 21 seconds I have no idea. I'd check the Cumulus ftp log and see if it is reporting any issues.

You also have a <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="242"> in the gauges page, is that intentional - it is a bit annoying!
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Hi and thanks Mark.
I have now edited wxssgauges.php as per ReadMe. I had read it initially but ignored it :bash: as my initial update was for the Cumulus site where I don't have any other languages. I got it also running on the Saratoga site yesterday but didn't refer back to this release history :oops: . After the change it seems to be updating at about 10 sec.

I presume Cumulus is trying updating realtimegauges.txt at the realtime interval which is set at 5 sec but have noticed often that it takes longer than 5 sec likely due to having a few other updates at realtime as well as a lot of extra files during the normal Cumulus 5 min update. The realtimegauges.txt is processed and uploaded to www.komokaweather.com/gauges-ss/realtimegauges.txt which is where I had planned to put all the gauges-ss files for Cumulus1 and MX as well as for the Saratoga templates. For now the Cumulus1 and MX as well as the Saratoga setup is getting it from this one location.

I have set FTP Logging and will check what that may report.

I have looked for <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="242"> but haven't found it, and it would not be something I would intentionally add.

Thanks again for your patience.

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
N0BGS
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Win10vm,VMWare ESXi 7.0

Post by N0BGS »

Mark:

Thanks for the new version of the SS gauges. Great work as always.

I'm using the Saratoga templates and when I add the following code to wxssgauges.php:

Code: Select all

print "<script type=\"text/javascript\">
$(document).ready(function () {
changeLang(LANG.$toLang); // change SteelSeries language\n
});</script>\n";
My temperature gauge label becomes "Inside Temp." When I switch back to the original Saratoga code the label once again becomes "Temperature"

If I change line 51 of gauges.js back to;

Code: Select all

showIndoorTempHum : true,
The label displays correctly with your code above for 2.5.3. ...but I always set that value to "false"
temp.PNG
^Brrrrr cold in here!^ ;)

Possible bug? Not sure. Certainly not a big problem. I just thought you'd like to know.

Thanks again,

--Kurt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blitzortung Station 1809
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Thanks, I'll take a look at this...
K8POS
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by K8POS »

Just noticed that on a computer running Windows Internet explorer 8.0 (all we have at work) it does not switch over to the old standard gauges. Will have a look at the code on my end when I get home.

Bob