Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Time axis labels in "Select-A-Graph"

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Time axis labels in "Select-A-Graph"

Post by freddie »

Version 1.9.4 build 1066

Select any 24-hour period using the date/time controls. All graphs selected show the time on the x-axis except for "Wind Direction" which shows the date.

Wind Speed shows time:
windSpeed.png
Wind Direction shows date:
windDirection.png
Have you noticed this?
maxSolar.png
Also - the "Max Solar Rad" graph does not display any values for periods when you have had Cumulus switched off.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Freddie
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Time axis labels in "Select-A-Graph"

Post by steve »

freddie wrote:All graphs selected show the time on the x-axis except for "Wind Direction" which shows the date.
The wind direction graph is a 'point series' and the others are all 'line series', and I use the default settings for all of them. So it looks like the default setting for the point series is different. I'll see if I can find out which setting I need to make to get it to behave the same.
Also - the "Max Solar Rad" graph does not display any values for periods when you have had Cumulus switched off.
You say "also", but isn't that actually the same thing that the previous chart is showing? Presumably that period of zero on the chart corresponds to a period when Cumulus wasn't running? Do you have a solar sensor? I think it's likely that it doesn't update the max solar value when processing logger data, unless there are actually any solar readings. The 'max solar' value is intended to be used with actual solar readings, and I wouldn't have thought it's a great deal of use otherwise. But it's probably not hard to fix, so I may as well make it consistent.

Thanks.
Steve
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: Time axis labels in "Select-A-Graph"

Post by freddie »

The wind direction graph is a 'point series' and the others are all 'line series', and I use the default settings for all of them. So it looks like the default setting for the point series is different. I'll see if I can find out which setting I need to make to get it to behave the same.
Ah OK, I understand. I was puzzled about the different behaviour. That would be a useful fix, thanks.
You say "also", but isn't that actually the same thing that the previous chart is showing?
I put the third chart in the wrong place inline in the post - it should've come after my "also" comment. Apologies for that.
Presumably that period of zero on the chart corresponds to a period when Cumulus wasn't running?
Yes, that is what I said. I don't actually have a solar sensor. I'm a curious person and was puzzled about the absence of the values when they would be known for a particular date/time and lat/long regardless of whether or not Cumulus was running.

Thanks again for the swift response.
Freddie