Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Updating PWS stopped

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
kapo
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10

Updating PWS stopped

Post by kapo »

I don`t know if there is topic about this, but I didn`t find that. So I have installed newest? (version1.94 build 1068) version of Cumulus. Everything else goes really fine, but in PWS site is text : There is no data available for the requested period. In fact, this update has already begun to break yesterday, when I took older Cumulus to FTP my files. I did not notice that break untill tomorrow after installing new Cumulus and tried to check if everything is o.k. All other updates seems to update o.k. but this PWS dosen`t. And I have noticed in these last 4....6 weeks, my Cumulus restarts quite often, about 2...5 hours intervall... it is not regular , but that window, which appears then and there reads about something: "Recieving data" or something kind that, appears too often I think. Is it bad connect with Davis and Cumulus or Between Davis console and ISS? On Davis console appears then that R in right down corner...Is there something wrong in my settings or what it could be? My station ID to PWS is: KSVIPA1

AND OFCOURSE, after this post submitted, I noticed my STATION ID WAS WRONG.... And this was my mistake, nothing to do with Cumulus or something, only prob. as always, is writing this edit now....
But that restarting prob. seems to contnue.....I suppose

with best regards, ashamed :oops: :oops: :oops: :
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Updating PWS stopped

Post by steve »

The 'R' on the console screen indicates that the console is resynchronising with the transmitter, which I believe means you have communication issues between the ISS and the console. Cumulus never restarts itself unless it's been configured to do so - do you have 'restart if data stops' set? The apparent communication problem may well be triggering that.
Steve
kapo

Post by kapo »

I didn`t understant all about Your answer.... But I attach picture of my stations settings, if You could be so helpful and tells, what is wrong and what should change....
Sorry about diturbing You with this prob. But I have had nowhere better help and answers than here. This forum is really helpful and correct, unlike many Finnish forums, anywhere Resets the questioner, even asking how factual questions.

With best regards:
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Of these settings:
2013-04-12 11_43_25-Sandaysoft • View topic - Updating PWS stopped.png
"Restart if unplugged" has no effect with Davis stations.

"Restart if data stopped" causes Cumulus to restart if it has received no data for the last 60 seconds. The hope is that either it will get the data going again (unlikely) or it will at least cause Cumulus to realise that the station is not responding at all, so it will stop logging the same data repeatedly to the log files. It's something of a 'hack' to get around the problem that Cumulus would otherwise continue to log the same 'old' data when it doesn't get any new data.

This is presumably the setting which is causing Cumulus to restart in your case, because of your ISS to console communication problems.

It's probably not a good idea to have 'confirm shutdown' set at the same time as any of the 'restart' options.

What version of firmware does your console have?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve
kapo

Post by kapo »

I got off those two settings, and we sees if it has any incidence about these restarts. And my console has firmware version 3.0.
Thank you, once again, a rapid and effective response to my questions...

With all my best regards:
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

kapo wrote:And my console has firmware version 3.0.
I believe that is your problem, or one of them at least. There is a known problem with that firmware and the Davis DLL which Cumulus uses - there are a number of threads about this in the Davis part of the forum.

You should seriously consider updating to the latest firmware - currently 3.12.
Steve
kapo

Post by kapo »

Could You Steve tell, what`s wrong with my beta webtags, for example: #RecentOutsideTemperature d=5 etc. I have a little table in my web page and I noticed today or yesterday, that those values appear same as #recent.... d=1 . What has gone wrong with my page again? http://www.kapo511.net/index.php?lang=en#

Is there a way to correct those? That table worked quite o.k. still last week... but now..... :roll: :roll:

with best regards:
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I'd normally need to see the HTML template with the web tags. But you're using PHP, so you presumably have a mechanism for turning web tags into PHP variables? This is not something I know a great deal about, although I understand the basic principles involved. I assume that somewhere you have an 'include' file which is processed by Cumulus, with something like:

$RecentOutsideTempd1=<#RecentOutsideTemp d=1>
$RecentOutsideTempd5=<#RecentOutsideTemp d=5>

and so on, and then you use those variables in the PHP that generates the web page?
Steve
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Hi kapo,
Where/which file would I edit to add the every ? minutes data like yours http://www.kapo511.net/wxtrends.php?
It does not appear to be in wxtrends.php

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
BCJKiwi
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Cabled
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Post by BCJKiwi »

@Paul

Ken updated that and other scripts a little while back to add the extra tags.
Check his site for that and other updates to the scripts.
kapo

Post by kapo »

Good morning Steve

Here are those folders. There is three diags folders, because I have changed Cumulus version couple of times recently...

best regards:
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

When it started up yesterday morning, it was unable to read the last week's data from the April log file:

14/04/2013 09:24:27.327 : Loading last N hour data from data logs: 14/04/2013 9:08:00
14/04/2013 09:24:27.327 : Loaded 0 entries to last hour data list
14/04/2013 09:24:27.327 : Loaded 0 entries to last 3 hour data list
14/04/2013 09:24:27.327 : Loaded 0 entries to last 24 hour data list
14/04/2013 09:24:27.328 : Loaded 0 entries to recent data list

But the previous time you started it, it had been able to:

12/04/2013 10:18:06.272 : Loading last N hour data from data logs: 12/04/2013 10:17:00
12/04/2013 10:18:06.284 : Loaded 61 entries to last hour data list
12/04/2013 10:18:06.295 : Loaded 177 entries to last 3 hour data list
12/04/2013 10:18:06.308 : Loaded 1430 entries to last 24 hour data list
12/04/2013 10:18:06.351 : Loaded 1518 entries to recent data list

It doesn't look like your system settings changed between those two runs, so I don't know why it couldn't find the data. And I tried changing my system settings to match yours, and using your log file it found the data.

Could you try restarting Cumulus, please, and see if it is able to read the data this time?
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Actually, even the previous run didn't find all of the data:

12/04/2013 10:18:06.308 : Loaded 1430 entries to last 24 hour data list
12/04/2013 10:18:06.351 : Loaded 1518 entries to recent data list

That last figure should be the data for a week, and it's not much more than the data for 24 hours. When I ran with your log file, I got:

15/04/2013 08:27:59.825 : Loaded 1396 entries to last 24 hour data list
15/04/2013 08:28:00.116 : Loaded 9728 entries to recent data list

So I think it must be something to do with your system settings, but I can't see what. Could you show me a screen shot of your regional settings panel, please?

I'm beginning to think that this is related to the problem you're having with the Realtime Data Grabber. Something unusual about your system settings.
Steve
kapo

Post by kapo »

Hi
Now it seems to work.... I reinstalled Cumulus tomorrow, and after that it looks like everything is o.k.....?
What do You mean with that: a screen shot of your regional settings panel, I don`t understand. Ofcourse I take that screenshot, after I realise what that means? Is it Cumulus settings or PC settings, and where I can find that? But the mean thing looks fine: Cumulus with Saratoga in my PC works.... only heaven knows how and how long.....
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

The regional settings screen on the Windows control panel. Here's mine:
2013-04-15 11_21_23-Region.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve