Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Corrupted Graphs

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
colinpb
Weather Station: VP2+SHT31+DFars+Solar+AeroCone
Operating System: Windows 10

Corrupted Graphs

Post by colinpb »

See attached graphs for rainfall, sunshine and temperature. The remaining graphs are OK, but these three despite restarting a few times, and even upgrading from 1053 to 1058 are still corrupted. They have years instead of hours on the bottom axis. The sunshine icon on the main screen has also got stuck at 0.3 hrs. Can anyone suggest a solution

Colin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Corrupted Graphs

Post by steve »

You have a problem with the dates in your dayfile.txt file; perhaps some have the wrong format.
Steve
colinpb

Post by colinpb »

Thank you Steve. Its appears to be one odd date, see attached screenshot. Though I cannot see all of the date, when you click on you can see it is just 31/12/9. Is there a way to delete the whole row? And what happens to the row numbering if I can delete, the corrupt row is 243 followed by OK lines 244 and 245, will 244 and 245 automatically change to 243 and 244 once the duff 243 is removed?

Colin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You must be using a large font setting; I'll look into increasing the width of that column. That date is almost certainly 31/12/99, there was presumably some sort of problem with your PC clock. To delete a line select it and use the delete key (there should be a help button on that screen, is it not visible?).

The line numbers in the editor aren't part of the data.

Note that you will need to restart Cumulus for the graphs to be redrawn.
Steve
colinpb

Post by colinpb »

Yes I can see the Help button, but I couldn’t see a highlighted line. The line to delete was just up from the bottom of my 24” LCD screen and it was only by accident I looked at the screen from a different angle and saw a very pale highlight. Then I deleted the corrupt line and everthings OK again.

Any chance of increasing the depth of colour on the highlighted line?

Thanks again Steve.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

The highlighting is very clear on my system, but this isn't uncommon; I often see screen shots that people post that look nothing like how things look on my PC. I guess it just depends on how things are set up. I'll see if the grid component allows the highlight colour to be changed - it almost certainly does; I'll increase the contrast.
Steve
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Can you invert it Steve - that should be pretty obvious in any colour palette!
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Not easily. I've done this:
2013-02-17 18_00_24-Dayfile.txt Editor.png
It's a defined colour, so won't change depending on the theme.
Steve