Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

No Monthly records in Cumulus

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
baylisj
Weather Station: Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows 7.0

No Monthly records in Cumulus

Post by baylisj »

My Vantage Vue went up a year ago and I used Weather Link but switched to Cumulus on the 26th of August. I have had a few crashes but otherwise great no problems.
Just noticed yesterday that monthly records are missing for Aug, Sep, Oct and Nov 2012 but there are monthly records for Dec 2012 and Jan 2013.

Anyway I can get them populated?

Website http://www.weather-live.co.uk/oldham/index.htm
Monthly Records here http://www.weather-live.co.uk/oldham/monthlyrecord.htm

Any help appreciated

Cheers
Jon
Cheers

Follow me @ChadWeather
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: No Monthly records in Cumulus

Post by steve »

You need to use the editor to populate the records. See the first announcement of the beta version in the Announcement and News section. It's probably a good idea to read the entire thread as it's a beta version; and you're quite a few builds behind - you should really try to keep up with the builds if you're going to use the beta version.

You say you've had crashes - it would be helpful if you reported these, with the bugreport.txt file, particularly as it's a beta version. I can't fix problems that I don't know about.
Steve
baylisj

Post by baylisj »

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I think the main crashes were down to me, closing the lid slightly on the laptop and it went into hiberation and the Mrs unplugging the datalogger without closing Cumulus first. I will report any crashes from now on. ;)

I will take a backup and install the latest beta (v1.9.3 build 1058) this weekend so I am up to date.

Cheers and I promise to report crashes as I know this is the only way to improve things 8-) .
Cheers

Follow me @ChadWeather
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Yes, hibernating causes problems (normally just missing data) and similarly unplugging the connection will have various unwanted effects. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about either of those.
Steve
baylisj

Post by baylisj »

Apart from shouting at the wife :)

Latest beta installed - will keep up to speed on those.

Just got to read up on populating my monthly records :)

Thanks again :D
Cheers

Follow me @ChadWeather
baylisj

Post by baylisj »

Monthly records populated :)

You're a legend, big thanks.
Cheers

Follow me @ChadWeather
aznetcowboy
Weather Station: Davis 6153 Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Post by aznetcowboy »

I just installed the latest version (build 1058). It was a blast trying to remember all the setting for the monthly records, but I think I was close. They will all change as time goes by anyway seeing as this January was the very first month for me.

Questions regrading the Gauges display. There are now two wind gauges at the bottom of the page which seem like a duplication of the existing wind gauges on the page. How can I remove these two gauges at the bottom of the page, or at least re-size them so they are smaller?
Tom Wills
Ridge Run Weather Station: http://www.ridgerun.us
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Do you mean the Flash 'realtime' gauges at the bottom of the gauges.htm web page? There are instructions in the gaugesT.htm template for removing them.

I think you must mean something else, though, because those gauges aren't new, they've been around since before Cumulus was publicly available. And they don't duplicate anything as they update in real time, whereas the other gauges on the page are static.

You might want to look at the SteelSeries gauges, they're far superior to the standard Cumulus ones (unless you don't want a dynamic display).
Steve
aznetcowboy
Weather Station: Davis 6153 Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Post by aznetcowboy »

steve wrote:Do you mean the Flash 'realtime' gauges at the bottom of the gauges.htm web page? There are instructions in the gaugesT.htm template for removing them.
Yes, those are the ones. I guess I had forgotten about that in the earlier version. Sorry to have bothered you over something I should have realized on my own. :oops:
Tom Wills
Ridge Run Weather Station: http://www.ridgerun.us