Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Build 1056?

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
rwilliam99
Weather Station: WS-2080
Operating System: Windows 7

Build 1056?

Post by rwilliam99 »

I downloaded the latest beta today (to see if it fixes my USB issues), and when I did a help/about, it shows build 1055, but Steve posted it was build 1056. Did I get the latest version?
Solorize
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Win 10, XP, Xubuntu, Linux Mint

Re: Build 1056?

Post by Solorize »

I can confirm that I also received version 1055 not 1056, may be just a typo.
Cumulus Real Time Data Grabber
http://bit.ly/WjBh5z

Wokingham Berkshire - weather station
http://www.wokinghamweather.co.uk

CGM UKScene Radio (pi)
http://cgmuksceneradio-pi.noip.me/

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Yes, it's 1055.
Steve
Serge F1LXJ
Weather Station: Watson w-8681
Operating System: Windows XP sp2

Post by Serge F1LXJ »

Hello,

May be, since the version 1054 I have air pressure on APRS / CWOP with 6 hpa besides (with the tenth (this is not normal))

I have a WMRS200 station.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Serge F1LXJ wrote:May be, since the version 1054 I have air pressure on APRS / CWOP with 6 hpa besides (with the tenth (this is not normal))
Cumulus has always sent pressure to CWOP/APRS with the tenths included; the protocol requires it.

CWOP/APRS requires 'altimeter pressure' to be sent (pressure corrected to sea level using only altitude for the conversion). For the WMR200, Cumulus has to calculate this by taking the 'station' pressure (i.e. the local, absolute pressure not corrected to sea level) and modifying it based on the altitude that is configured in Cumulus. This code hasn't changed for a very long time.
Steve
Serge F1LXJ

Post by Serge F1LXJ »

Thank you for your fast answer, but i am not sure to really understand my English being limited.
I only saw the problem this morning before installed the 1055.

so another problem,

frozen

it is last days cars and the road are frozen, but the "tag" answers no (0)
it will be can be better to take like reference the apparent temperature.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Serge F1LXJ wrote:it is last days cars and the road are frozen, but the "tag" answers no (0)
it will be can be better to take like reference the apparent temperature.
The <#IsFreezing> tag is for air temperature, not ground temperature. Air temperature is the figure that your station measures; when that is below zero, the <#IsFreezing> tag will give "1". Is your air temperature below zero when the tag gives "0"?

Cumulus has no reliable way of knowing whether there is a ground frost. Apparent Temperature is not suitable for this; it's a measure of how it feels to a human. The Apparent Temperature can be well below zero without there being a ground frost.
Steve
rwilliam99
Weather Station: WS-2080
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by rwilliam99 »

Thank you for the clarification. Will see how this does with my console communication issue.
Serge F1LXJ

Post by Serge F1LXJ »

For the WMR200, Cumulus has to calculate this by taking the 'station' pressure (i.e. the local, absolute pressure not corrected to sea level) and modifying it based on the altitude that is configured in Cumulus. This code hasn't changed for a very long time.

ok if I understand well, I send a false value that I don't have the possibility to correct, it is terrific.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Serge F1LXJ wrote:ok if I understand well, I send a false value that I don't have the possibility to correct, it is terrific.
Sorry, I don't understand. I'll assume that's a language difficulty and not a sarcastic comment. I don't react well to the latter.

If you think Cumulus is sending incorrect values, then you need to give some examples and show what it is sending and what you think it should be. I've told you what values Cumulus uses to calculate the altimeter pressure, so you need to look at those. The formula Cumulus uses is provided by MADIS.
Steve
William Grimsley
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Post by William Grimsley »

Serge F1LXJ wrote:For the WMR200, Cumulus has to calculate this by taking the 'station' pressure (i.e. the local, absolute pressure not corrected to sea level) and modifying it based on the altitude that is configured in Cumulus. This code hasn't changed for a very long time.

ok if I understand well, I send a false value that I don't have the possibility to correct, it is terrific.
Yes, I find this post, slightly confusing. :bash:
Serge F1LXJ

Post by Serge F1LXJ »

I repeat it my English is not good, I am sorry, and this is not easy to express me some things, I return in my silence, but I want to say to both of you that I think you've done a wonderful job.
Serge.
William Grimsley
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Post by William Grimsley »

Serge F1LXJ wrote:I repeat it my English is not good, I am sorry, and this is not easy to express me some things, I return in my silence, but I want to say to both of you that I think you've done a wonderful job.
Serge.
Hi Serge,

Don't worry about it, I understand now. :)

Will