Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

new dry days/wet days feature

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
bruce45
Weather Station: wh1081
Operating System: windows 10

new dry days/wet days feature

Post by bruce45 »

hi Steve

not sure if this is a bug or just my records messed up. I have just been looking at various random months and if you add the wet days and dry days it is more than the number of days in the month.

few screen shots below
august.JPG
september.JPG
october.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: new dry days/wet days feature

Post by steve »

bruce45 wrote:not sure if this is a bug or just my records messed up. I have just been looking at various random months and if you add the wet days and dry days it is more than the number of days in the month.
You probably have extra entries in dayfile.txt for those months. Do you get this for lots of months, or just those three? Have you been editing dayfile.txt, either manually, or with the built-in editor?

If your dayfile.txt is OK, it could be a bug with the calculations when inches are being used.
Steve
bruce45

Post by bruce45 »

I will check it out but cant remember editing the rain fall have not checked every month just a few at random some are ok some are not. will let you no what I find out.

thanks
bruce45

Post by bruce45 »

Hi Steve

just to update you I have checked the dayfile .txt and found 3 duplicate entries for October and deleted them
and that has worked so just need to check out the rest.

still not sure how it has happened so fingers crossed its not a bug. the info you have given about it might also help others that come across the same thing.

many thanks

Bruce
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

bruce45 wrote:still not sure how it has happened
There are many ways that extra entries can be created (bugs, problems with the PC clock, starting/stopping Cumulus at 'difficult' times (particularly very close to midnight), editing etc), but unless it's spotted while there is still a diags file for that period, it's impossible to say whether Cumulus created the entry, and what particular circumstances caused it to do so.
Steve