Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Lost windrun and standard images

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
gwheelo
Weather Station: WMR-88
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Lost windrun and standard images

Post by gwheelo »

1.9.3.build 1053 - Windows 8 Pro

Not certain when this problem started (updated build, install of Win 8, sensor failure, or something else) - but Windrun displays as zero on the console and zero is written to the windrun tag - and I know there has been wind. All the other wind data displays onn the console and FTPs correctly in the realtime.txt.

Also it appears no data is written to the graphs (all) and the graph images are blank. But that is another problem as the graphs do not FTP to my website in spite of "include standard images" being checked. Blank graphs are FTPd, however, when I request a "Web Update".

Currently the Indoor/Barometer sensor (BTHR968) has malfunctioned and I am waiting the replacement - Any conection?

Where should I begin to look?

George Wheelock
http://www.wheelocknet.net/cumulus/gauges.html?gb
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Lost windrun and standard images

Post by steve »

gwheelo wrote:Currently the Indoor/Barometer sensor (BTHR968) has malfunctioned and I am waiting the replacement - Any conection?
Yes; Cumulus doesn't start performing any periodic tasks (logging, updating wind run etc) until it's reasonably confident that it's had a good set of data, and it uses outdoor temperature and pressure as a guide.

http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#Cumulu ... eb_uploads
Steve
gwheelo
Weather Station: WMR-88
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Re: Lost windrun and standard images

Post by gwheelo »

Cumulus doesn't start performing any periodic tasks (logging, updating wind run etc) until it's reasonably confident that it's had a good set of data
That makes good sense - broadcasting no calculated data is much better than broadcasting some erroneus calculated data - now I just have to wait for the new sensor - and I can stop looking for other evils such as Windows 8 or my web code.

Thanks Steve, as always,

GW