Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

build 1047 UV & solar graphs websites

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
floggitt
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Pro Plus
Operating System: windows 7 home premium 64

build 1047 UV & solar graphs websites

Post by floggitt »

Hi Steve.

New VP2 arrived yesterday and is sited and running so I thought I would try 1.9.3 because of extra sensor support. Sorry if I am reading the wrong section (or not as the case maybe). I wondered what your plans are for showing the uv and solar data.

In the view graphs in Cumulus I see graphs for uv solar and daily sunshine, I can not seem to make them appear on the website in trends.

Will the now, monthly/yearly highs and lows, records and gauges pages have "sunshine hours" data on website? I remember uploading the web template files originally but they dont appear to have changed are they on a download somewhere or do i need to edit them manually. Sorry second question when i upgrade to next build will they then be overwritten?

In configuration/station/solar should I have the "use B/L" ticked to calculate hours of sunshine?

Ignore any empty data history on my website, I have cleared the data history as the FO website throw so many spikes in the last weeks

Click banner for website
Diags.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Click the banner
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: build 1047 UV & solar graphs websites

Post by steve »

The 'extra sensor' support in 1.9.3 isn't for solar and uv, it's for extra temperature sensors etc. Version 1.9.2 has support for solar and uv. I didn't update the trends page template to include solar because a minority of people have solar sensors. I've attached the template I use, which has solar graphs, but note that I don't have a UV sensor, so my page doesn't display a graph for that. You should be able to work out how to add one. You may need to adjust the layout of the thumbnails, though; thirteen is a tricky number to arrange nicely. You could perhaps dispense with the indoor temperature?

The 'use B/L' is for a Blake-Larsen Sun Recorder (as described in the help). This is a separate item not related to the Davis weather station, and you would know if you had bought one.

Cumulus currently only keeps track of today's and yesterday's sunshine hours, and will display totals on the 'this month/year/period' screen. At some point I may get around to introducing records.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve
floggitt
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Pro Plus
Operating System: windows 7 home premium 64

Re: build 1047 UV & solar graphs websites

Post by floggitt »

Works well thank you. I just need some patience now to get the settings right. And the elusive sunny day!
Click the banner