Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WMR88 w/Beta build 1033

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
ai5u
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Win 10

WMR88 w/Beta build 1033

Post by ai5u »

Prior to installing Beta v.1.9.3 build 1033, I edited my Cumulus.ini in release v. 1.9.2 build 1032 and added "WMR200TempChannel=2" because I am using the optional UVN800 UV Sensor and wanted the Outdoor Temp/Humidity to show up properly in the OUTDOOR display box configuration. Does the Beta version still require this edit in the .ini file under [Station]? Or does this Beta take care of this with the new sensors detection? My PWS that I am using is the OS WMR88 USB.

Thanks

Tim
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: WMR88 w/Beta build 1033

Post by steve »

ai5u wrote:Does the Beta version still require this edit in the .ini file under [Station]?
It does, yes. But I don't understand what you're trying to do. You have a UV sensor rather than an extra temp/hum sensor? You can't use that as the outdoor temperature sensor, it doesn't read the temperature. Or do you have an additional temp/hum sensor as well as the UV sensor?
Steve
ai5u
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Win 10

Post by ai5u »

I'm only using the one and only outdoor Temp/Humidity Sensor that came with the WMR88. The UVN 800 UV Sensor came later as an optional addon. I had to modifiy the .ini to show the outside temp/humidity using the "WMR100 station" setting in Cumulus to work with the WMR88 to show the OUTSIDE readings in the OUTSIDE info box on the main display properly. Additionally, the Extra Channel 2 shows this same Temp/Humidity reading from the outdoor Sensor but switches back and forth at the bottom of the main screen with Solar/UV information and then Extra Channel 2 with the outdoorTemp/Humidity readings. I was just wondering with the newer Beta release did the modification of the .ini still need to exsist due to additional sensor support.

Sorry for the confusion.

Tim
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

The normal channel for the standard temperature/humidity sensor is channel 1. 'Extra' temp/hum sensors use channels 2 onwards. The UV sensor isn't relevant (hence my confusion) as it isn't an extra temp/hum sensor, so doesn't use one of the channel numbers.

So your standard temp/hum sensor must be configured to use channel 2 rather than the usual channel 1, so as far as Cumulus is concerned it's an 'extra' sensor. So to get Cumulus to use it as the standard outdoor sensor you will need to use the setting in cumulus.ini.
Steve