Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Dayfile and total sunshine hours

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
Graham64
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows XP

Dayfile and total sunshine hours

Post by Graham64 »

I have just noticed that starting on 7 June the total sunshine hours recorded in my Dayfile.txt have been zero every day. Now I know that June has not been brilliant in England but down here in Cornwall we have had some sunshine!

I have checked the June11log.txt file and there is a figure for Hours of sunshine so far today
recorded throughout the month.

The other figures in Dayfile.txt are recorded correctly.

What have I done wrong? Any suggestions?

Thanks from a sunny Cornwall (currently 563 W/m2)

Graham

Edit - Sorry just realised that this is in the wrong topic - it should be Davis VP. I don't know how to move it. Graham
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Dayfile and total sunshine hours

Post by steve »

What version of Cumulus?
Steve
Graham64

Post by Graham64 »

Steve
Currently I have 1.9.2 - 999 (updated yesterday) and I do try to keep up to date but I can't be sure about the exact version back on the 7 June although I did move to 1.9.2 as soon as it was available.

Graham
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

This looks like a bug in the beta, then (best to post queries etc about the beta in the beta section, then I don't get confused).

Do you use an 0900/1000 rollover, by any chance? I changed the code in the first beta build so that it logs midnight to midnight sunshine hours in all cases, but I see I have made an error so that on 0900/1000 systems it doesn't do that. It's possible that it's also broken on midnight to midnight systems.
Steve
Graham64

Post by Graham64 »

Steve

I use the midnight roll-over.

Sorry about the topic - I can see now the sense in putting it in the beta topic. Do you want to move it again?

Thanks

Graham
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Graham64 wrote:I use the midnight roll-over.
Yes, that makes sense. I can see that there are two different bugs. One of them causes the logged value to be too small on 0900/1000 rollovers, and the other causes it to be zero on midnight systems.
Sorry about the topic - I can see now the sense in putting it in the beta topic. Do you want to move it again?
Yes, I'll do that so that anyone else who spots the problem is (hopefully) more likely to find it, as it only affects the beta.
Steve
Graham64

Post by Graham64 »

Steve

The latest build 1000 in v1.9.2 has fixed my problem with sunshine hours in dayfile.txt, (for a midnight roll over)

Thanks for your usual excellent and fast response.

Graham
apenwith
Weather Station: w8681 BlakeLarsen Sun Recorder
Operating System: Windows 7 SP1

Post by apenwith »

Hi Steve
I'm not sure if this is beta or FO.
I see that sunshine hours is an item in the month log ( and elsewhere ). Is there a way this can be displayed in the Fine Offset screen. I guess it would be fairly easy to fill the data slot from the sunshine recorder software.
Regards
Alan
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

apenwith wrote:I see that sunshine hours is an item in the month log ( and elsewhere ). Is there a way this can be displayed in the Fine Offset screen.
Do you mean on the Cumulus main screen? It displays the sunshine hours when you 'hover' over the sun icon (probably undocumented).
I guess it would be fairly easy to fill the data slot from the sunshine recorder software.
I want to talk to you at some point about getting data from the sunshine recorder into Cumulus (automatically)...
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Graham64 wrote:The latest build 1000 in v1.9.2 has fixed my problem with sunshine hours in dayfile.txt, (for a midnight roll over)

Thanks for your usual excellent and fast response.
Sorry, Graham, the fix is not quite as good as you thought. It's now writing the correct value - but twice! I'll have a fix out shortly, watch out for build 1001.
Steve