Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Incorrect rainfall on startup

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
Ben
Weather Station: Davis vantage pro2 plus
Operating System: Windows 7

Incorrect rainfall on startup

Post by Ben »

In the new Beta 1.9.1 version of cumulus, the daily, monthly and annual rainfall all read the same, usually around 94mm. I have installed this version in a different folder, so it reads the data from the station, and not a previously saved data file. Only 0.5mm of rain has fallen today. Because of this, I still use 1.9.0 for my data logging.
Will 1.9.1 eventually read the old data if I install it in the correct folder, or will it always make its own all time records?
Thank you,
Ben
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Re: Incorrect rainfall on startup

Post by daj »

Hi Ben,

Welcome to the forum
Ben wrote:Will 1.9.1 eventually read the old data if I install it in the correct folder....
Quick answer, yes :D

Cumulus uses it's own data files built from regular station readings so when you come to install 1.9.1 over the top of 1.9.0 it will have access to this historic data and be up to date
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
tjaliwalpa
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Linux Lite Ubuntu 16.04

Post by tjaliwalpa »

Why not copy the complete contnets of 1.9.0 to the folder where you want install the test for 1.9.1, then install over this copy. You will then have the complete set of data.

Bob
Bob
Ben
Weather Station: Davis vantage pro2 plus
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by Ben »

Thank you both for your prompt replies, and will follow your advice and copy the historic data to the new folder. Long live Cumulus.
Ben