Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

1.9.4, build 1079 sudden spate of error readings

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
franzliszt
Weather Station: WH1080-PC
Operating System: Windows 7

1.9.4, build 1079 sudden spate of error readings

Post by franzliszt »

Hi Steve,

Downloaded last night's data, and suddenly a load of errors, wind, temperature etc. I've attached the Diags directory, and wondered if you would be kind enough to have a look and see if there is a reason for this?

many thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: 1.9.4, build 1079 sudden spate of error readings

Post by steve »

There was some kind of problem reading the station's memory when you first started it up today, lots of locations apparently corrupted. It looks like it was OK again the next time you started it up, so perhaps it was actually a temporary USB problem.

What you could do is stop Cumulus and 'rewind' using the backup files taken when it first started up this morning: C:\Cumulus\backup\20130612062821\ - copy them all to the data folder and then start Cumulus up again.

It will then attempt to download the data again, and if the problem was temporary, it may succeed this time.
Steve
franzliszt

Post by franzliszt »

Hi Steve,

Excellent, worked a treat, everything back to normal. Something else learnt about Cumulus. !!

Regards and thanks......
franzliszt

Post by franzliszt »

Hi Steve,

It's happened again, only worse this time. I've checked my USB connections etc, and all is OK, but errors appear across the board. I attach my diags directory again, and would be grateful for your views. Many thanks for your help in advance!

Regards etc.,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
franzliszt

Post by franzliszt »

Hi Steve,

Please disregard my post above, I sent you the wrong set of Diags, have now reloaded the appropriate backup and all is well.
Many thanks as ever.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

It sounds like you have some kind of problem with the station or the USB connection when you first run Cumulus each day. Do you have it set to run automatically when Windows starts or anything like that? I assume you boot up the PC and then immediately run Cumulus?
Steve
franzliszt

Post by franzliszt »

Hi Steve,

Thank you for commenting on the post, it's only happened twice in the last week. Cumulus is running on an old Dell 8300, which chugs along doing nothing else. As you say, I boot up the machine, and then start Cumulus. I think I need to leave it for a few minutes longer after boot up before starting Cumulus, (especially as reloading using the backup files sorts the whole thing out). Hope the sun's out with you!! :D