Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

MX and android tablet

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

liddelljs
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1001
Operating System: RPi 3 Raspbian Buster

MX and android tablet

Post by liddelljs »

Hi all,
Have noticed a couple of issues with MX (build 3037) on my android tablet (8 inch Samsung galaxy tab3 running android version 4.4.2). One is just a display issue where the radio buttons on the gauges page don't display properly (image attached). I noticed this since I started using MX (build 3036 was my first install) and I'm running MX on a pi connected by ethernet to my router.
Second issue I only noticed since build 3037. When I connect to the MX interface (ipaddress:8998), the dashboard doesn't display any data. All other pages look fine, including settings. I have tried deleting cache and cookies and restarting the unit but no joy.
Intersting thing is that I have no problems connecting with my PC (via ethernet) or my Samsung galaxy s4 (via wireless). The gauges display is also fine on both. I also have no problems connecting to the websites I'm running on the pi itself and also on an external domain and the websites themselves are operating perfectly. Has me a bit perplexed. Any thoughts would be welcome.

Cheers
Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: MX and android tablet

Post by steve »

Most likely a problem with the browser. Have you tried a different one? The gauges display fine in the default browser on my Android tablet. If the dashboard doesn't work but other pages do, then this is most likely a problem with web sockets, either a firewall issue with port 8002, or because the browser isn't handling web sockets properly. This is mentioned in the MX FAQ.
Steve
liddelljs
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1001
Operating System: RPi 3 Raspbian Buster

Re: MX and android tablet

Post by liddelljs »

Thanks Steve. Probably about the only thing I didn't try. All working fine on chrome.

Cheers
Steve