Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

directly linking to charts

General news concerning announcements of new releases, forum outages etc.
malone
Weather Station: Fine Offset with solar & UV
Operating System: Windows XP Pro SP3

directly linking to charts

Post by malone »

I've just transferred my old Cumulus system from an XP machine to a CumulusMX system on a Windows 8 machine with no difficulty and no problems have emerged in the first few days.

One question. With the previous Cumulus I could have a direct link to various charts as .png files - for example \\fujitsu\Cumulus\web\images\raint.png would display the rain chart. Now that the images are generated differently it appears I can only link directly to http://fujitsu:8998/charts.html and then have to navigate to the rain chart. Can someone explain how I can link directly to the rain chart, or any other chart?

Many thanks.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: directly linking to charts

Post by steve »

I can't think of any way that you can do that with the code that I've supplied, but of course the code is there to be modified as required. One way to do it would be to pass a parameter on the URL (...?chart=temp) and change the javascript so that it extracts that parameter and opens the requested chart.

Or you could use these: https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13189
Steve
malone

Post by malone »

Thanks very much for those pointers Steve. Unfortunately my currently rather limited knowledge of javascript and associated techniques means that I'm going to have to spend some time getting up to speed with those approaches. In the meantime I've just quickly written a program using VBA in Excel (with which I am very familiar) which extracts relevant data from the files(s) in the Cumulus/data folder and produces a rudimentary chart - not very pretty, but adequate for my requirements.
njc
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 2012 R2

Post by njc »

If you replace the cumuluscharts.js file with the one I have attached, you can do this:

/trends.htm?graph=temp or /trends.htm?graph=press , etc.

The options are:
  • temp
  • dailytemp
  • press
  • wind
  • windDir
  • rain
  • dailyrain
  • humidity
  • solar
  • sunhours
I've added a comment block in the file indicating what I've added/modified. It's all at the top of the file.

Nick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
malone

Post by malone »

Thanks Nick - that works fine. And it's also going to be extremely useful for me to examine your code to understand how you did it..
njc
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 2012 R2

Post by njc »

@malone: Glad it works, let me know if you have any questions about it.