Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION

General news concerning announcements of new releases, forum outages etc.
Steve R
Weather Station: Weatherwise WS1090
Operating System: OSX 10.11.1

FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION

Post by Steve R »

Every once in awhile Cumulus MX stops working. When I try to reinstall I get the FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION message. I unplugged the Weather Wise WS 1090 solar unit and took out the batteries. Plugged it back in and same message. Normally I reboot my computer once or twice and that fixes the problem but it it's kind of a pain. I have attached the error message and if there is a weather unit that will work better on my Imac running OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

Thanks;
Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION

Post by steve »

The console isn't responding. It looks like you have the usual Fine Offset 'USB lockup' problem, but that usually requires a reset of the console to get it going again. The exception suggests that you have more than one instance of MX running, as the port it binds to is already in use. Having another instance running would probably cause the 'not responding' issue too.
Steve
Steve R
Weather Station: Weatherwise WS1090
Operating System: OSX 10.11.1

Post by Steve R »

Steve:

I closed everything before reinstalling but continue to get the same message. Is there a way to reset the consul or USB lockup without restarting or do I need to restart computer?

Imac
OX El Capitan
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Resetting the console to recover from the USB lockup requires removing the batteries and disconnecting the USB cable for a couple of minutes. A computer reboot is not required. This assumes that it is actually the USB lockup problem.

You keep talking about reinstalling - assuming that you mean reinstalling MX, that's unlikely to help.
Steve