Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Finally gave up on Yawcam, replaced with ConquerCam!!

Hardware/software/hints and tips/discussion/webcam links etc
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Finally gave up on Yawcam, replaced with ConquerCam!!

Post by water01 »

I finally had enough of Yawcam failing for no reason and using loads of resource, so I went looking for an alternative.

Found one that has really good support called ConquerCam (http://www.theill.com/conquercam/).

Installed it was able to get the local file (for cumulus upload) working almost instantly and then I got a bit stuck on sending Motion Detection images to my website. So I filled out a support request and just like Steve almost instant response and very helpful. He also has a Google Group forum set up as weel.

It is shareware and you can evaluate for as long as you want but you get Evaluation Edition popping up every now and then on your pictures. It only cost $19.95 to buy which is a very good price in my opinion.

And more importantly unlike Yawcam that keeps failing to save images it hasn't gone wrong at all.
David
TNETWeather

Re: Finally gave up on Yawcam, replaced with ConquerCam!!

Post by TNETWeather »

Never used Yawcam.. though I have used ConquerCam... was pretty good...

The best package I have used is one made by PySoftware called ActiveWebCam.

It is a bit convoluted, but once set up it is very powerful, and can handle a number of webcams and webcam types.

http://www.pysoft.com/ActiveWebCamMainpage.htm

It's not free... but $29 is not bad for a good product.

I have no association with them other than having purchased the product back in 2007... Use it occasionally still from time to time.