Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Another query about webcams

Hardware/software/hints and tips/discussion/webcam links etc
dg2012
Weather Station: La Crosse
Operating System: XP sp3

Another query about webcams

Post by dg2012 »

I know this has been asked before but I have read through the pages here and looked at Wunderground but these cameras are always improving with new models

I am looking for something in the £70 region (UK). Most of what seems to be available are Foscam or clones of and all suffer from weird colour, though I have been told that is due to a filter not being fitted.

I have come across another one from Tenvis which is new to market and would like to know from the specs whether this would be more suitable? It is called Tenvis Iprobot3 and can be seen here

http://www.tenvis.com/iprobot3-new-arri ... p-202.html

There is a link to a live demo on that page. It is colour or b/w depending on the time of day there.

I would appreciate any comments on this or any other camera that might be suitable.

Thanks

David
dg2012

Re: Another query about webcams

Post by dg2012 »

Is anyone able to offer any opinion on this please.

I have been in contact with Tenvis and they have put up some images of cloud for me. You can see them here but you need to register first.

http://forum.tenvis.com/thread-37-1-1.html

Thanks

David
ironeagleuk
Weather Station: Maplins N96GY (Watson W-8681)
Operating System: Windows 7 Home

Post by ironeagleuk »

dg2012 wrote:I know this has been asked before but I have read through the pages here and looked at Wunderground but these cameras are always improving with new models

I am looking for something in the £70 region (UK). Most of what seems to be available are Foscam or clones of and all suffer from weird colour, though I have been told that is due to a filter not being fitted.
Have you seen the pics of my different Foscam clone cameras in this thread: https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7788
Richard

dg2012

Post by dg2012 »

Thanks Richard

I have seen you pictures and they look good. Had a look at that link - I assume it is still the same camera.

It seems to be a Foscam camera but there are no specs for it so is difficult to decide whether it is better on no. Did the images work straight out of the box or did it require some work to get it right.

Thanks

David
ironeagleuk

Post by ironeagleuk »

It's only a .3mp camera....there's specs on the Maplin site here: http://www.maplin.co.uk/pan-tilt-wirele ... era-508703

Took only a small adjustment to contrast and brightness to get the pic looking how it should.

The only annoying thing is not being able to turn off the night vision LEDs which reflect on the inside of the window
Richard

Super-T
Weather Station: wh-1081
Operating System: Weather Laptop - Windows 10 Pro

Post by Super-T »

There is an OFF button for the IR in the software supplied by foscam.
I find it tends to turn itself back on sometimes.
dg2012

Post by dg2012 »

ironeagleuk wrote:It's only a .3mp camera....there's specs on the Maplin site here: http://www.maplin.co.uk/pan-tilt-wirele ... era-508703

Took only a small adjustment to contrast and brightness to get the pic looking how it should.

The only annoying thing is not being able to turn off the night vision LEDs which reflect on the inside of the window
Thanks

For some reason it does not show in Opera, but does in Firefox - I should have thought of that.

I asked Foscam if it was their camera but they say it is nothing to do with them. Storage Options show it here

http://www.storageoptions.com/products/ ... /ip-camera

David
dg2012

Post by dg2012 »

After a lot of humming and hawing I plumped for the Tenvis IpRobot3 and have just got it up and running. Not made any adjustments to it yet. Not had to do a wireless connection before and seem to have stumbled into it. No idea if is right or not. Anyway, here is my first picture.

David
sky1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dg2012

Post by dg2012 »

ironeagleuk wrote:It's only a .3mp camera....there's specs on the Maplin site here: http://www.maplin.co.uk/pan-tilt-wirele ... era-508703

Hi Richard

Are you still using the Maplin camera? I am having problems with the Tenvis camera I bought. The wireless connectivity is very poor and am wondering if you have similar problems?

Thanks

David
ironeagleuk

Post by ironeagleuk »

dg2012 wrote:

Hi Richard

Are you still using the Maplin camera? I am having problems with the Tenvis camera I bought. The wireless connectivity is very poor and am wondering if you have similar problems?

Thanks

David
I am still using it, but has been offline for a couple of days. I have had a few wireless problems with it recently....I think it was my router though, as my PC was playing up at a round about the same time....and also strangley my weather station has gone abit tits up too :(
Richard

dg2012

Post by dg2012 »

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your camera and WS. I have heard that the Maplins WS was unreliable. My Brother has one and is not impressed with it.

Hopefully you will be able to get it together soon.
ironeagleuk

Post by ironeagleuk »

dg2012 wrote:Sorry to hear you are having problems with your camera and WS. I have heard that the Maplins WS was unreliable. My Brother has one and is not impressed with it.

Hopefully you will be able to get it together soon.
I've had trouble free service from the weather station for the last 2.5 years.....was only last weekend when I decided to make adjustments, that it went haywire....well the pressure setting has gone up the shoot, and that's all

The camera has been ok over the last few days....have been away all weekend (possibly near you, in Hastings, to Pevensey Castle then Beachy Head), and it seems to have stayed connected....although it did reboot itself I think, as it wasn't pointing where I left it.
Richard

dg2012

Post by dg2012 »

From what you were saying I thought it was more terminal - good that it is not.

My camera has developed a mechanical fault so am sending it back - they will send me another when the new batch comes through with better firmware.

I am a bit further west than you got - close to the Hants border.
ironeagleuk

Post by ironeagleuk »

dg2012 wrote:From what you were saying I thought it was more terminal - good that it is not.
Well it was terminal as far as the accuracey of data is concerned....I replaced the whole system on Tuesday when Maplins were selling it for £50....just have to find some time now to set it all back up properly. Tis annoying that the nights are drawing in.
dg2012 wrote:My camera has developed a mechanical fault so am sending it back - they will send me another when the new batch comes through with better firmware.
Fingers crossed that it's an improvement, and you get good service....keep us posted
Richard

dg2012

Post by dg2012 »

ironeagleuk wrote:
dg2012 wrote:From what you were saying I thought it was more terminal - good that it is not.
Well it was terminal as far as the accuracey of data is concerned....I replaced the whole system on Tuesday when Maplins were selling it for £50....just have to find some time now to set it all back up properly. Tis annoying that the nights are drawing in.
dg2012 wrote:My camera has developed a mechanical fault so am sending it back - they will send me another when the new batch comes through with better firmware.
Fingers crossed that it's an improvement, and you get good service....keep us posted
Had a look at your site today and noticed that the weather side was down. Hope the new one lasts a bit longer - this game can get expensive :(

On the camera - so far I am having good support from Tenvis. Their forum is active and if I email them I usually have a reply in the morning.