Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

do you still need an ip if using webcam xp

Hardware/software/hints and tips/discussion/webcam links etc
darc
Weather Station: Davis vp2 // Maplins N96GY
Operating System: Win 7 Home / Nokia Lumia Win

do you still need an ip if using webcam xp

Post by darc »

Do you still need an ip if using webcam xp or does webcamxp provied one for me to put in the cumulus webcam box.

Geoff
Weather station Davis Vantage Pro 2 / Maplins Forecaster N96GY http://www.pwsweather.com/obs/29021968.html

Canon camera 1100d Samsung compact
Sunrise Pilot
Weather Station: La Crosse WS-2308
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: do you still need an ip if using webcam xp

Post by Sunrise Pilot »

darc wrote:Do you still need an ip if using webcam-xp or does webcam-xp provied one for me to put in the cumulus webcam box.

Geoff
You can't get away from an IP unless you are hosting everything out of your PC... and then you still need and a dynamic DNS server to get everything out on WWW, or keep an eye on you IP from the service provider. You will need to set up port forwarding to get out through your router and cable modem.

If you are using a Hosting provider, use the code you build in WC-XP and copy and paste it into you pageT_htm of choice where you want it.

Set up WC-XP to auto check for IP every 30 minute in the server section. I recommend using something like DynDNS to create a url that points to your IP.

I keep my systems running 24/7 so I don't loose my IP from my service provider, but even if I did loose it I just pop the new IP in the PageT_htm that my code is in and I'm back in business in a jiff.

Shout out if you need help with WC-XP and I'll be glad to lend a hand. It's really pretty easy to use software. I had 4 cams at once going at one point.

Cheers
Doug

ps
My live cam is on my main weather page in my Sig.
Let slip the bonds of Mother Earth and drift o'er the land as a bubble wafting on a gentle breeze.
Suffolk Fishing weather
Cheers
Doug