Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Yawcm: Can't get the offlne image to work

Hardware/software/hints and tips/discussion/webcam links etc
geoffw
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Yawcm: Can't get the offlne image to work

Post by geoffw »

Can someone point out what I'm missing trying to get the offline image to show. I have activated Schedule for both 'File' anf 'FTP', as well as checking the boxes for both in the 'Offline Image' setup. Schedule is working but I'm not getting an offline image?????
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by geoffw on Sun 23 May 2010 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Geoff
hills
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH1091
Operating System: Raspbian Buster

Re: Yawcm: Can'y get the offlne image to work

Post by hills »

I haven't used it for quite a while but from memory that's all I did. I assume your ftp schedule is similar to your file schedule? If so just as an experiment make them different by an hour and see if that works.

What happens, does it just leave the last image up? Are there any messages on the console at the time other than file and ftp offline?
geoffw

Post by geoffw »

I'll look more closely tonight, but my impression was that it was continuing to update the FTP image though the file downloads are stopping at 21.59 and restarting at 04.01.
Geoff
hills

Post by hills »

can you put up a screen dump of the ftp schedule?
Gina
Weather Station: Nothing working ATM - making one
Operating System: OS X, Linux Mint, Win7 & XP

Post by Gina »

I have mine set the same except that I don't have the offline image saved to file - just FTP and Yawcam's exit.
Gina

Sorry, no banner - weather station out of action. Hoping to be up and running with a new home-made one soon.
geoffw

Post by geoffw »

hills wrote:can you put up a screen dump of the ftp schedule?
Phil

They were both identical ..... 05.00 to 22.00 .... that is 'File' and 'FTP' I have not activated the other three features yet. I've actually changed both to start at 04.00 today. As i said the scheduling seems to be working but no shutdown image.
Geoff
Gina

Re: Yawcm: Can't get the offlne image to work

Post by Gina »

Yes, I have my schedules set to 04:00 to 22:00. Yours should work - all I can suggest is to try turning off the File save offline image. Then it'll be the same as mine, which is working fine.
Gina

Sorry, no banner - weather station out of action. Hoping to be up and running with a new home-made one soon.
geoffw

Post by geoffw »

Let's see what happens tonight. Actually I've list tried the Yawcam Exit and that worked ...... so I'll see what happens this evening.
Geoff
hills

Post by hills »

geoffw wrote:
hills wrote:can you put up a screen dump of the ftp schedule?
Phil

They were both identical ..... 05.00 to 22.00 .... that is 'File' and 'FTP' I have not activated the other three features yet. I've actually changed both to start at 04.00 today. As i said the scheduling seems to be working but no shutdown image.
Ok, I thought you were saying it continued to FTP though the night, I must have misunderstood you.

I think it was Hillbilly who said she had a different issue with Yawcam, but it improved when she stopped scheduling FTP and File at the same time. Perhaps Yawcam gets its knickers in a knot when it tries to do two things at once. ;) Like Gina I never set the offline image for files, infact I didn't use files at all.

Unfortuantely the Yawcam forum has been offline for so long I fear he might have stopped supporting it. We may be on our own now.
geoffw

Post by geoffw »

Phil

If you don't use File Save, do you store your images for your movie sequences online. In fact how do you create the to movies on your website . Last three hour of weather and 24 hour of weather?

At the moment I'm saving images in a folder per day wo work on the movie making feature.
Last edited by geoffw on Sun 23 May 2010 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geoff
hills

Post by hills »

Yes I only store them online using the image array part of the FTP function in Yawcam. Then I use PHP to generate a swf/xml slideshow xml script each time the 3 hour or 24 hour replay option is selected, which only includes the images I have online. Let me know if you want any of these scripts, there's not much to them, although they do require xwf/xml slideshow which costs $50 for a licensed version. The free version will only play the last 10 images.

I also use the motion detection facility to capture any lightning strikes after dark, which are also only stored online.
Gina

Post by Gina »

hills wrote:Yes I only store them online using the image array part of the FTP function in Yawcam. Then I use PHP to generate a swf/xml slideshow xml script each time the 3 hour or 24 hour replay option is selected, which only includes the images I have online. Let me know if you want any of these scripts, there's not much to them, although they do require xwf/xml slideshow which costs $50 for a licensed version. The free version will only play the last 10 images.

I also use the motion detection facility to capture any lightning strikes after dark, which are also only stored online.
I was looking for this, but in the wrong places :lol: I have started a new thread on this topic - I thought it sufficiently different from single image FTP to warrant it's own. I would like to see your scripts, please :)
Gina

geoffw

Post by geoffw »

Offline image kicked in tonight!
Geoff
geoffw

Post by geoffw »

Yes it now seems OK. Odd because I only re-entered my original settings. I suspect it may mean the settings do not come into effect immediately - i.e if you change the Schedule settings and/or the holding image, Yawcam dos not react to those changes until the following day.

Anyway - now to change the holding image - great fun!!
Geoff
Gina

Post by Gina »

Glad it's now working for you Geoff :)
Gina