Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Webcam links

Hardware/software/hints and tips/discussion/webcam links etc
keith
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro+
Operating System: Windows Server 2008

Re: Webcam links

Post by keith »

Here's my webcam, it looks out over Langstone Harbour, Hayling Island, and out over the English Channel if the viz is good enough.

http://www.ttnt.co.uk/WebCam/

It's an Axis 213PTZ (although the PTZ is password protected to prevent less scrupulous internet users from looking through my neighbour's windows!

Cheerio,

Keith.
robynfali
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows XP

Post by robynfali »

I wish I had the bandwidth to do a streaming cam, but being stuck on 512k upload, thats going to be a LONG time happening!

In the meantime, here is my less glamourous static shots

http://www.h-i-r.org.uk/weather/webcam.php
Gina
Weather Station: Nothing working ATM - making one
Operating System: OS X, Linux Mint, Win7 & XP

Post by Gina »

Hi Keith, I used to live in Farlington many many years ago - on the slopes of Portsdown Hill - and we looked out over Langstone Harbour, Hayling Island, Portsea Island and the Isle of Wight. Used to watch the Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary liners in The Solent. Now I have a totally different type of view, over the hills of Devon.
Gina

Sorry, no banner - weather station out of action. Hoping to be up and running with a new home-made one soon.
Super-T
Weather Station: wh-1081
Operating System: Weather Laptop - Windows 10 Pro

Post by Super-T »

keith
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro+
Operating System: Windows Server 2008

Post by keith »

robynfali wrote:I wish I had the bandwidth to do a streaming cam, but being stuck on 512k upload, thats going to be a LONG time happening!
512k is enough to stream video... it'll just update a bit jerkily, that's all. My camera used to go over a 384k upload ADSL line for many years with satisfactory results. It did a few frames a second I guess. Not ideal, but watchable.

I am hugely grateful for the lovely upload speed that Virgin Cable allows me though... and it's cheaper than I used to pay for the ADSL line, too.

cheerio,

Keith.
robynfali

Post by robynfali »

Yeah I know mate, its not just that, even with it being jerky, it would KILL the rest of my browsing etc, I dont think we will ever get cable up here, HOPEFULLY though, when they do upgrade the speeds here, i might do it, as we are directly connected to the exchange, no touring the streets or anything, so I have been told WHEN it does upgrade, we will get FTTH rather than FTTC
Gina
Weather Station: Nothing working ATM - making one
Operating System: OS X, Linux Mint, Win7 & XP

Post by Gina »

I forget the name of the firm now but they installed cable throughout Honiton and the surrounding area up to 5 or 6 miles out, including the road outside here. There is cable with a box on the pole right outside our property but the company went bust and were supposed to be taken over by one of the "big boys" but nothing has happened. Must be over 10 years since!! :( So we're stuck with just over 2Gb/s download and 300K upload ADSL speeds from the local telephone exchange.
Gina

Sorry, no banner - weather station out of action. Hoping to be up and running with a new home-made one soon.
6719jason
Weather Station: La-Crosse WS3502
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by 6719jason »

Possible Timelapse Software? - http://matthewseremet.com/website/2011/ ... stitching/
Command Line Options available too it seems - will give it a bash shortly.
robynfali

Post by robynfali »

pretty good, i am actually doing a load of pictures today for that very reason, so just threw them through this, did have an anomoly tho, it shoved a couple of the earlier "night" pictures into the day ones.

Here is a "rough" go anyway, not complete yet because the sun hasnt totally set here! we have a boot sale each tuesday opposite the house, so quite a bit of activtity on the camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBTtO5rwgZw
robynfali

Post by robynfali »

When i do it properly, i am going to cut a lot of the night time frames out, so it starts just before sunrise
6719jason

Post by 6719jason »

robynfali wrote:pretty good, i am actually doing a load of pictures today for that very reason, so just threw them through this, did have an anomoly tho, it shoved a couple of the earlier "night" pictures into the day ones.

Here is a "rough" go anyway, not complete yet because the sun hasnt totally set here! we have a boot sale each tuesday opposite the house, so quite a bit of activtity on the camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBTtO5rwgZw
That looks really good! See what you mean about it throwing a few night ones in but overall it seems good!
robynfali

Post by robynfali »

Yeah, i found the problem with the anomoly too, organise by name, not creation time, because, if like me, cumulus/yawcam is on a different computer, if your transferring the pics bit by bit, you bugger up the creation times. So if you organise it by filename (left default by yawcam etc) then it all throws together well, i am just waiting for the last few shots now then i will do it again properly!
robynfali

Post by robynfali »

Well, here is the final result of mine with that program, i am also going to do it through windows movie maker at some point, and compare the two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL7-07A81co

Sadly, i have just noticed a minor "blip", the camera moved around 5pm (i think it was something to do with my dog, sitting on the windowsill next to it!
6719jason

Post by 6719jason »

robynfali wrote:Well, here is the final result of mine with that program, i am also going to do it through windows movie maker at some point, and compare the two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL7-07A81co

Sadly, i have just noticed a minor "blip", the camera moved around 5pm (i think it was something to do with my dog, sitting on the windowsill next to it!
Thats really impressive! Superb quality! I'd be interested to see the results of that :)
robynfali

Post by robynfali »

No difference in quality, just the ability to add credits/ text with movie maker I guess.

So, for a free program, this was a great little find indeed, VERY simple to use (more simple than movie maker thats for sure)

Oh, my settings, whilst using that program, the movie is just over a minute long, and i had one shot every 4 minutes, with a frame rate of 3 per second