Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Yawcam Time Error

Hardware/software/hints and tips/discussion/webcam links etc
Flosex
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Yawcam Time Error

Post by Flosex »

I know a lot of people are using Yawcam to upload their webcam picture to the Internet and so I am hoping somebody might be able to help me prior to posting the problem on the Yawcam Forum.

I am setting up a new webcam using Yawcam. I have it working fine and can see it on the Internet but the time being displayed in the text at the bottom of the picture is wrong. It is four hours behind the time set on my computer. For various reasons I have my computer clock set to GMT all year round and all my other software that uses the computer's clock is working fine. I know the problem is to do with Yawcam because when I open the Console, all the times of the entries displayed there are also four hours behind the computer clock.

I cannot find anything in Yawcam to set or adjust to change the time to GMT, or does a Google search reveal anything that might help me. Can anyone help, please?

Thanks from Chris (West Sussex, UK)
West Sussex, UK - <www.g4bue.co.uk/en/Weather/>
nitrx
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Yawcam Time Error

Post by nitrx »

Perhaps you can better do the text overlay used by cumulus tags see over here https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... ext#p77467 it works fine for me you can process different tags ( I don't nothing about your issue) sample http://editspace.sytes.net:8080/
bruce45
Weather Station: wh1081
Operating System: windows 10

Post by bruce45 »

hi

open yawcam and then go to settings/edit settings

then go to overlay text

text 1 is the date and time setting and should look like this ( %DD-%MM-%YYYY, %hh:%mm:%ss ) you can change the format and it is explained if you select info.

hope this helps

bruce
Flosex
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Post by Flosex »

Thanks Ron and Bruce.

I had already tried editing the settings suggested by Bruce. I am having the problem on my Windows XP laptop but have since tried Yawcam on my Windows 8 laptop where it works fine showing the correct time. I have also tried removing and re-installing Yawcam on my Windows XP laptop, but it is still showing the wrong time - so it has to be a Windows XP problem. I will try asking on the Yawcam Forum about it unless anyone reading this who uses Yawcam on a Windows XP computer can help me?

Thanks and regards

Chris (West Sussex, UK).

I will also
West Sussex, UK - <www.g4bue.co.uk/en/Weather/>