Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

1 cam - 3 views

Hardware/software/hints and tips/discussion/webcam links etc
gwheelo
Weather Station: WMR-88
Operating System: Windows 8.1

1 cam - 3 views

Post by gwheelo »

Just updated the webcam page - http://www.wheelocknet.net

and now getting 3 views from one Microsoft LifeCam Studio: static image every 10 seconds, live stream, and time-lapse of the past 24 hours in reverse.

The time-lapse is based on 288 jpg images taken at 5 minute intervals. The images are processed into a .flv file using "ffmpeg" (open source) and uploaded using Windows built-in ftp to my server every 2 hours. The process uses "Yawcam" for the still image upload, the stream. and the timing and saving of the 288 time-lapse images. The rest of the process is controlled by "Windows Scheduler" using a .bat file with a .txt file with a script for Windows FTP. Eventually the interval to refresh the time-lapse to the server will be every 6 or 12 hours. The Flash viewer is from Adobe and free and the full-screen feature works too.

Oh - and the camera is hanging on a 15 meter USB cable.

I would appreciate receiving any reports concerning viewing problems - I already know the Flash does not work with Android.

gwheelo
duke

Re: 1 cam - 3 views

Post by duke »

That is an impressive quality image for a webcam. A couple of questions for you if you do not mind. Is that camera waterproof or how have you mounted it and what size (kb) are the still images when uploaded?
gwheelo
Weather Station: WMR-88
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Re: 1 cam - 3 views

Post by gwheelo »

IMG_1346.jpg
Is that camera waterproof
No - I have fitted it into an empty waterproof housing I found at my local DIY store. The font window is replaced with a piece of plastic with a hole sized to fit a polarized camera filter. The barrel body of the lifeCam is mounted flush up against the filter.

The video file is made from 288 jpegs converted to a single Flash video (.flv) with a finished size of approx. 4.22 Mb (upload size) - The jpegs original recorded by Yawcam are 800 X 600.

gwheelo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.