Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Error in Toolbox FTP

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Error in Toolbox FTP

Post by PaulMy »

I have Toolbox FTP upload my B-L Sunrecorder Today.png image every 5 minutes for my main webpage, along with once a day for the Days30.png image. This has worked well for over a year until recently I've gotten a Toolbox Error - File upload failed - Unable to write to the Transport connection: An existing connection was forceibly closed by the remote host. After a couple of these errors then Toolbox times out and then no image shown on my site. This has happened twice today. A shut down and restart of Toolbox starts the FTP again.

I called my host GoDaddy and they are not aware of any issue there except that they are no longer supporting PHP4 and they suggest that Toolbox may have some PHP4 code in script that causes the error. GoDaddy says they discontinued PHP4 support in the last couple months but my errors have only began to occur in last few days. Anyone else have this experience, and any suggestions as an alternate for regular FTP?

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Error in Toolbox FTP

Post by steve »

Toolbox doesn't have any PHP code in it, it's a desktop .net application, and PHP is nothing to do with FTP, I'm amazed that they even suggested that, how could they not know what FTP is? It looks like a problem at the server end.

As an alternative, could you get Cumulus to upload the today.png file when it uploads your other files, and (as Cumulus doesn't currently have a once-a-day configurable ftp) use the facility to run an external program after midnight to do the days30.png image? There's an example in the wiki of doing secure ftp using the 'external program' facility, but the same priniciple applies to normal ftp.
Steve
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Error in Toolbox FTP

Post by PaulMy »

Thanks Steve, I will look at using the regular Cumulus upload as an alternate.

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm