Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Experimenting with Google Charts and Graphs API.

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
lardconcepts
Weather Station: Maplin WH1801
Operating System: Win 8.1 Pro

Re: Experimenting with Google Charts and Graphs API.

Post by lardconcepts »

In case anyone's interested, I cracked the problem of Nitrx's spreadsheet not expanding.

It's a hideous formula, and there's GOT to be a better/neater way, but... it seems to work!

Code: Select all

=ArrayFormula('Raw import'!A:A&","&'Raw import'!B:B&","&'Raw import'!C:C&","&'Raw import'!D:D&","&'Raw import'!E:E&","&'Raw import'!F:F&","&'Raw import'!G:G&","&'Raw import'!H:H&","&'Raw import'!I:I&","&'Raw import'!J:J&","&'Raw import'!K:K&","&'Raw import'!L:L&","&'Raw import'!M:M&","&'Raw import'!N:N&","&'Raw import'!O:O&","&'Raw import'!P:P&","&'Raw import'!Q:Q&","&'Raw import'!R:R&","&'Raw import'!S:S&","&'Raw import'!T:T&","&'Raw import'!U:U&","&'Raw import'!V:V)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... FBXMHFKemc

Oh, and I had to change the spreadsheet settings for "French", to make the graph work again, what with the commas vs semicolon thing.

I think beteljuice's php script is the way forward, at least for those that can use php on their server.
If not, feel free to copy that spreadsheet above and put your own dayfile.txt location in A1 of Raw Import and watch the magic happen :)
lardconcepts
Weather Station: Maplin WH1801
Operating System: Win 8.1 Pro

Post by lardconcepts »

Update - just found Google Fusion Tables and it's WAY better for lots of data like in the monthly files.
I've got data collection on every 5 mins, so loads of data (about 8,000 rows a month).
But - swings and roundabouts - you currently can't import data like you can with spreadsheets (they're working on it though).
On the other hand, you can't have more than 400,000 cells in a Google Spreadsheet, but fusion tables are only limited by size; about 100Mb.

So, how about this: Here's temperatures from November to March, at 5 minute resolution.
Starting at average, click a point or roll the mouse or select an area and you can zoom right in and in and in until you can see every single data point.

http://weather.talking-news.info/ggraph ... sdemo.html
That graph took me two minutes to put together: Make graph, select columns, click "copy embed code".

The only thing I had to do was reformat and merge the date/time columns. Not ideal but I'm working on a workaround...

And the graph seems to load far quicker too. I think a combination of Fusion Tables for the big monthly files and Google Spreadsheets for the live import of Dayfiles is going to be the way forward. Right, back to the grindstone...
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

:clap: Looks very interesting
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !