Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New Cumulus realtime console

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
phtvs
Weather Station: ws4000
Operating System: win7

Re: New Cumulus realtime console

Post by phtvs »

gemini06720 wrote:Theo, you are still alive... :D
barely....... :lol:

Been away a while, but Im back now.

Theo
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

gemini06720 wrote:Theo, you are still alive... :D
phtvs wrote:barely....... :lol:
Been away a while, but Im back now.
Theo, nice to see you are with us again ... hopefully fully recovered. :)

Now it is my turn to be a bit sick ... I hate colds so much (more so with sinus problems)... :evil:
neil
Weather Station: Maplin N96FY (WH1081)
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by neil »

Very impressive Theo
I have uploaded the script and it all works really well the only problem i have is the forecast icons
I have tried to locate them as a download but failed it could be my limited French skills but i have been unable to find a direct link to get the icons from
i would like to incorporate the console in my site but without the icons it would look a bit odd
any help would be appreciated
neil

update
I have just downloaded the gauges package to play with and noticed the icons are included
all working now will have it on line ASAP
i have noticed one small error in todays low temperature field the text "time of todays" low temperature is in both boxs

the script is working really well it can be viewed by selecting live weather from my site or a direct link is below
http://www.thanetweather.co.uk/weather/ ... onsole.php

neil
Thanetweather home page http://www.thanetweather.co.uk
Indycat
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: Windows XP

Post by Indycat »

This is an excellent script Theo and thanks so much for taking the trouble to write it :clap:

I too am having trouble with the icons. I'm sure I have uploaded the file to the correct directory etc but they still do not appear

http://www.galwaycityweather.com/weatherconsole.php

I would be really grateful for any help. I only have basic skills but with help from this forum and the Wiki I have managed to get my site up and running, create & modify my banner etc but this one has me stumped :(
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

It seems that you are missing the 'icons' sub-directory as well as the '2' sub-sub-directory:
  • - the 'icons' sub-directory should contain 26 images (named '1.png' to '26.png')
    - the '2' sub-sub-directory should contain 2 images (named '0.png' and '1.png')
Indycat

Post by Indycat »

gemini06720 wrote:It seems that you are missing the 'icons' sub-directory as well as the '2' sub-sub-directory:
  • - the 'icons' sub-directory should contain 26 images (named '1.png' to '26.png')
    - the '2' sub-sub-directory should contain 2 images (named '0.png' and '1.png')
Thanks for having a look at it for me Ray

I have uploaded both of those sub-directories ('icons' and '2') but obviously to the wrong place. I put all of the files and the icons folder in the web directory of http://www.galwaycityweather.com
I'm a complete novice at this but I usually manage to figure it out by back over it til I get it right. Not this time though.
If you don't mind having a look I've attached some screen shots of where I have put them

Thank you

Fiona
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

With the default Apache configuration, the /icons directory is aliased to somewhere else, e.g. /usr/share/apache2/icons/ which means that any URLs starting http://www.galwaycityweather.com/icons aren't looking at the icons directory you've created. You either need to amend the Apache configuration to remove the alias, or (if you don't have the permissions to do that) use a different directory.
Steve
Indycat

Post by Indycat »

Thanks Steve, much appreciated. I'll use a different directory as you suggest

EDIT: Ta Da!!! Thanks a million Steve :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

steve wrote:With the default Apache configuration, the /icons directory is aliased to somewhere else, e.g. /usr/share/apache2/icons/ which means that any URLs starting http://www.galwaycityweather.com/icons aren't looking at the icons directory you've created.
Steve thank you for the reply.

Is that 'path aliasing' typical for an Apache installation on a Linux server!

I have Abyss, XAMPP, WAMP and Apache (all Apache servers software) installed on my 'development' computer (running Windows 7 Pro as the OS) and I have never encountered that type of restriction!

For example, the PHP script for producing this modified weather console is located into the 'cumulus' sub-directory (one level down from the root directory, which on my Apache installations is called 'htdocs'); I then have the graphic images (icons) located into the 'icons' sub-sub-directory (two levels down from the root directory). Thus, in my PHP script, the path to the graphic images (icons) is given as ' $icon = "icons/" ' (relative to the script).

When the script is called from the browser (with a URI such as 'http://{IP address}/cumulus/weatherconsole.php'), it properly display the required graphic images (icons) on the console page.

When I look directly into the 'icons' sub-sub-directory from the browser (with a URI such as 'http://{IP address}/cumulus/icons/1.png'), it properly display the proper graphic image (icon).

10 minutes later... :geek:

Further to the above, as a test, I just installed the required files for the weather console onto my Synology DiskStation, an Apache server running under Linux.

I have installed the PHP script (for producing the weather console) into the 'cumulus' sub-directory (one level down from the root directory, which on this Apache installations is called 'web'); I then have installed the graphic images (icons) into the 'icons' sub-sub-directory (two levels down from the root 'web' directory).

When I call the script from my browser (with a URI such as 'http://{IP address:port number}/cumulus/weatherconsole.php'), it properly display the required graphic images (icons) on the console page. And it also properly display the graphic images (icons) when I look directly into the 'icons' sub-sub-directory from the browser (with a URI such as 'http://{IP address:port number}/cumulus/icons/1.png')...

Now I am really confused! Without any modification, the weather console scripts is producing the expected results (display) whether installed on Abyss/XAMPP (Apache running under Windows 7 Pro) or on Apache running under Linux... :?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

gemini06720 wrote:Is that 'path aliasing' typical for an Apache installation on a Linux server!
It's quite common. Perhaps certain Linux distributions do it; it's only the icons directory in the root of the server which is aliased.
Steve
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

steve wrote:...it's only the icons directory in the root of the server which is aliased.
Might it be because either the directory or the files (or both) are unlocked?

I will search the Internet to find out more about 'path aliasing' and how it can be controlled (or not)...
mickopla
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by mickopla »

Just found this script and think its wonderful. The only error i can see on the page is that for the lowest Temp today box its has Time of Todays Lowest Temp. It should read Todays Lowest Temp. Is there anyway to manually change this in the script?
Congrats to the developers on a great job.
ironeagleuk
Weather Station: Maplins N96GY (Watson W-8681)
Operating System: Windows 7 Home

Post by ironeagleuk »

ok, I admit defeat here.

I have successfully installed the weather console, but no matter where I look...be it a link here, or a link to the meteoduquebec.com website and forum, I cannot find the files with the weather icons in...either the attachments are gone, or the links point to places where there aren't any files to download.

Am I barking up the wrong tree?
Richard

ironeagleuk
Weather Station: Maplins N96GY (Watson W-8681)
Operating System: Windows 7 Home

Post by ironeagleuk »

I think I have it sussed now....I downloaded the icons individually....I thought they might have been packed in a zip file somewhere.

Here's the page I have created: http://www.ironeagleuk.co.uk/cumulus/we ... nsole.html
Richard

nking
Weather Station: W-8681
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by nking »

Hi Richard,

Very nice.

Not knowing much about html but does it have to refresh the whole page as having the page disappear and return every 15 secs makes viewing a little frustrating. I would imagine someone has a solution so only the changed data elements are refreshed.