Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New Cumulus realtime console

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
phtvs
Weather Station: ws4000
Operating System: win7

Re: New Cumulus realtime console

Post by phtvs »

bnwrx wrote:Theo,
got it to work! Thanks

Now this, on mouseover the gauges show C/mm. Is there a way to change that to F/in...?

yes, that can be changed...

In order to make the gauges work with your station you must change a little in Cumulus.

First:
Unpack attached file to your Cumulus program folder. File must be put in the data folder of your cumulus program.

Second:
In Cumulus go to configuration -> internet -> files
In that screen use an empty row to click on BROWSE.
Browse to the cumulus program, data folder and click on the file you just put there (view-gauge.js)
After that in the remote filenames, type the path to the SERVER cumulus folder and view-gauge.js

Must be something like: /public_html/cumulus/view-gauge.js

Check the process and ftp checkbox and dont forget to click on OK (bottom of page)

Now the gauges page must be working the way it should be....

Theo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

May I make a suggestion (or two) here... :mrgreen:

This is a still an "in development" script and unless you are quite familiar with PHP and JavaScript, may I suggest that you please refrain from installing and testing the scrip (it might create problem with your other files/scripts)! :roll:

Theo, the designer, needs constructive comments on how to correct or improve the script - at this time in the development of the script, Theo does not need (nor should he answer) questions on how to install, on how to modify or on how to run the script! :o

Theo, may I suggest that concentrate on the script and reply only to comments/questions on the operation of the script... :twisted:
JESUS HEREDERO
Weather Station: PCE-FWS 20 = VH1080/81
Operating System: VISTA

Post by JESUS HEREDERO »

Dear DAJ
The web-tag files "wiew-realtime.php", "weatherconsole.php" and "wiew-realtime-helper.php ($ TtempTL)" when the minimum temperature today "and ($ tempTL). "Today's minimum temperature." Are wrong and there are failures in the output tables of data from the console screen. These I put are correct, checks the wrong files.
Beta gauges must be something missing or wrong, when I put it into operation will only work CumulusRealtime clocks, other clocks, wind, clouds, etc. .. take data from file-gauges.js wiew but not update data. The installation on the web-site is correct and the configuration as well.
He sent a Spanish translation of the file "lang_ES.lng
JESUS
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Post by daj »

JESUS HEREDERO wrote:Dear DAJ......
This is not my code! Theo wrote this particular weatherconsole, not me.
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
JESUS HEREDERO

Post by JESUS HEREDERO »

Sorry David

Thought it was you who wrote that code.
With this we pass to Theo

Thank you, Jesus
JESUS
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

Jesus, this is a whole new weather console (although the name should probably be changed to reduce the confusion with David's original weather console) designed by 'phtvs' (or Theo).

Unfortunately, for the time being, the link in the first message of this thread will take you to the old design of the console (not supported anymore) - a new and very nice looking console is being designed. Theo, still, has some work to do before he can/will release the new console.

So, I ask that you be patient. I know you will enjoy this completely redesigned weather console... ;)
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Post by daj »

Is Ray the offical spokesperson for Theo?! :lol: :lol:

I guess there is a collaboration going on
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

daj wrote:Is Ray the offical spokesperson for Theo?!
Not really... ;)

Theo was extremely sick a few weeks back and he is slowly getting back to his 'old' self. So all development was postponed...
daj wrote:I guess there is a collaboration going on
Maybe, maybe not... :D

I was privileged to have a look at Theo's new project and I must admit that the new designs are quite interesting ... in a nice way... :D
JESUS HEREDERO

Post by JESUS HEREDERO »

Dear Ray
Theo disease regret and wish him a speedy return to normal daily.
I'm not collaborator Theo, I saw casually Programs hojendo the post and seemed pretty good and pretty. Copy and put to work, but did not work, turning to detect code errors. And now they are working very well and without errors, so I decided to contribute to the programs, as more than a hundred eyes see more errors are detected earlier.

In Stock (view-gauge.js) lines 16 and 17 there is a syntax error in the following variables Tag for this reason does not work Console-Wather-Gauges. Missing double quotes (forgot)
wrong
var hwdir = new Array(<#wdirdata>);
var hwspd = new Array(<#wspddata>);

correct
var hwdir = new Array("<#wdirdata>");
var hwspd = new Array("<#wspddata>");

I put a post yesterday, also with errors in files, please See it

a hug, Jesus
JESUS
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

Jesus, thank you for the suggested modifications - indeed, I had a look at the file and noticed the missing double-quotes around the tags.

As I wrote before, Theo has been working on an improved (well, probably completely different) version of the weather console (again, that name... :) ... sorry David for the confusion). It is an ambitious project with a lot of new development.

So, to paraphrase an old television commercial that was used many years ago by one of the California (USA) wine producers: "Theo will release no new weather console until it is ready"! :D
JESUS HEREDERO

Post by JESUS HEREDERO »

Dear Ray
In a post that I posted above but also behind Theo tell in his new Beta (Weatherconsola) errors of two tags TAG-web. It has been found? are small mistakes that drive you crazy looking for them and not find them.
You say that Theo is not going to publish anything until this program Ok, shame and sorrow, because I like to help debugging.
A hug, jesus
JESUS
phtvs

Post by phtvs »

Im sorry for the late response!

Thanks Ray for helping and answering the questions in this topic :clap:

About the view-gauges.js file. That file is a part of the original gaugesT.htm file that comes with Cumulus itself.
It is actualy the last lines of gaugesT.htm file. I have looked at the original file and the error's are the same.
I didnt notice there was an error in it, I just copy and paste that code into a new file without checking the code itself.

About the (old) Weather-Console script.....

As Ray already explained, Im working on a new script. At this moment Im putting all the free time I have in that new script.
So at this moment I dont have much time to work on the old Weather-Console. In time I will release a new version of the Weather-Console.
(There are some things I want to change) The Weather-Console as I posted in my first post is working fine on my test server since the day I released the script.

If there are any fatal errors in the script, please let me know, I will take a look at it.

Theo.
phtvs

Post by phtvs »

JESUS HEREDERO wrote:Dear Ray
In a post that I posted above but also behind Theo tell in his new Beta (Weatherconsola) errors of two tags TAG-web. It has been found? are small mistakes that drive you crazy looking for them and not find them.
You say that Theo is not going to publish anything until this program Ok, shame and sorrow, because I like to help debugging.
A hug, jesus
Hi Jusus,

The script is "open source" Please feel free to change the script, make it better if you like.
The idea behind posting the script is that if someone wants to use it and change it to suit ones needs it is possible.

Of course Im here to help if someone does not have the knowledge to make the script working.

So if you have a problem, please try to explain what the problem is, and I will take a look at it and post a new version of the script. If needed

Problem with the gauges script is, that its originaly uses a sql database. I had to change the script to make it work without a sql database. So there may be some errors in it. In a later version of the script (In time I will re-write a part of the script) the sql database is build in.

Theo
phtvs

Post by phtvs »

edit: never mind... posted this in the wrong topic...
Theo
Last edited by phtvs on Tue 05 Apr 2011 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

Theo, you are still alive... :D