Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Toolbox and Facebook?

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
MickinMoulden
Weather Station: WS-1081 with rain gauge mod
Operating System: Windows 7 & 1.9.3 b1059

Toolbox and Facebook?

Post by MickinMoulden »

daj wrote:Build 45 of 'Toolbox' available
G'day Daj, I did post elsewhere but here might be better. I would love to be able to update Facebook with weather alarms, however Facebook will only update a status via email if the email has something in the subject box which Toolbox does but it is only what is in the Toolbox/setup/Notification emails/subject (thus each Facebook update would read excactly the same no matter what alarm went off). It would be good if each alarm could have it's own subject in the email. What's the possibility of adding a photo to the email? I can picture a rain icon in a Facebook update when a rain alarm is set off (with the subject being....it's just rained 1,000,000mm, that's a record for today! :lol: )
Last edited by MickinMoulden on Sat 08 Jan 2011 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael, Palmerston, NT Australia www.Palmerston-WeatherImageNo image? I'm offline!
ImageImage
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Re: Toolbox and Facebook?

Post by daj »

MickinMoulden wrote:G'day Daj, I did post elsewhere but here might be better.
Always better to start a new post for a new topic, rather than tag it on the end of another! I've split it off into it's own post. ;)
I would love to be able to update Facebook with weather alarms, however Facebook will only update a status via email if the email has something in the subject box which Toolbox does but it is only what is in the Toolbox/setup/Notification emails/subject (thus each Facebook update would read excactly the same no matter what alarm went off). It would be good if each alarm could have it's own subject in the email. What's the possibility of adding a photo to the email? I can picture a rain icon in a Facebook update when a rain alarm is set off (with the subject being....it's just rained 1,000,000mm, that's a record for today! :lol: )
The next release will allow you to have a customized subject line. I hope to get this new update out shortly after the latest Beta of Cumulus goes live
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

daj wrote:I hope to get this new update out shortly after the latest Beta of Cumulus goes live
I'm afraid there's a bit of a delay :oops:

I decided to chuck another fairly major facility in there and it's taking some time. So there will be another beta build at some point followed by what I imagine will be quite a lengthy bug-fixing period :lol:
Steve
daj

Post by daj »

steve wrote:I decided to chuck another fairly major facility in there and it's taking some time. So there will be another beta build at some point followed by what I imagine will be quite a lengthy bug-fixing period :lol:
Oh, I'm intrigued. Look forward to it.
David
kippfordweather.uk
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

daj wrote:Oh, I'm intrigued. Look forward to it.
It's not what you would call "exciting". More "useful" and "oft requested" ;)
Steve
daj

Post by daj »

if I were a betting man..... :)
David
kippfordweather.uk
MickinMoulden

Post by MickinMoulden »

.....still going to wait Daj?
Michael, Palmerston, NT Australia www.Palmerston-WeatherImageNo image? I'm offline!
ImageImage
MickinMoulden

Post by MickinMoulden »

OK David. New Cumulus is out. Would you be able to look into this request. Another way to look at it, is when an alarm goes off can you have it email a premade email? eg, send an .eml or if you can have each rule have it's own subject with the ability to add a picture as an attachment.
This would be great.
Cheers.
ImageImage