Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus widget for Nokia mobile

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
MickinMoulden
Weather Station: WS-1081 with rain gauge mod
Operating System: Windows 7 & 1.9.3 b1059

Re: Cumulus widget for Nokia mobile

Post by MickinMoulden »

dane wrote:Update 2011-01-06 17:00:
CumulusW version 0.5 uploaded to first post of this thread.
New: precipitation: if M (mm) is specified, it is derived from the value in inches, multiplied by 25.4
(cannot wait for Wunderground to get this little thing sorted out...)
Thanks Dane, glad you didn't wait. Yes WU haven't got back to me, and you know your shortcut is quicker and probably better as WU only had the reading to 2 numbers in cm (like today is 3.6) yet when you multiply the inches 1.43 to mm you get 36.322, so with your widget it is displaying more accurately to 3 number and get 36.3mm, which is a lot more closer to the 36.4mm I got on Cumulus (and WU probably would have just multiplied the 3.6 by 10 to get a less accurate reading of 36mm).
Thanks again.
Michael, Palmerston, NT Australia www.Palmerston-WeatherImageNo image? I'm offline!
ImageImage
MickinMoulden

Post by MickinMoulden »

Dane, on a new matter. I've been reading posts on how to get Cumulus to have information go to Toolbox then through GSM networks etc....to then get an alarm SMS on your phone.
Could you bypass all this and put the alarm/notification rules in the widget? Calculating trends from last read to current read. Setting alarms/rules for upward and downward trends and other measurements. Getting these alarm activations to run sound files?
Could you imagine....it starts to rain at your house, your at a shopping centre and your phone comes out with "Here comes the rain again" by the Eurythmics or "Your cold as ice" by Foreigner when it hits an all time low or the temperature downward trend sets of an alarm (thinking for the tropics here) and plays "Electrical Storm" by U2. Sigh. That would be crazy fun.
I'm adding these sound files to the alarm feature in Cumulus. I've got more, but can anyone think of any others that would work well. :lol:
Michael, Palmerston, NT Australia www.Palmerston-WeatherImageNo image? I'm offline!
ImageImage
dane
Weather Station: Rosenborg 68700
Operating System: Win10 Ult., 64-bit, RaspberryPi

Post by dane »

Could you bypass all this and put the alarm/notification rules in the widget? Calculating trends from last read to current read. Setting alarms/rules for upward and downward trends and other measurements. Getting these alarm activations to run sound files?
No: someone probably could, but I couldn't. Don't have the skills and/or motivation to start messing with local storage of data, trend analysis etc. on a mobile phone.
Ib
MickinMoulden

Post by MickinMoulden »

OK, thanks Dane. Love your work. :clap:
ImageImage