Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Smooth graphic on your site if you use upload to wundergroun

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
nitrx
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: Windows 10

Smooth graphic on your site if you use upload to wundergroun

Post by nitrx »

I was looking for better history graphics (the graphics of wunderground self are terrible I think) and found a freeware package.

I use cumulus and send the data also too wunderground so if you want to take advantage of it you need a wundergound ID and send yor data from cumulus there.

The graphics generated can be exposed by the package that you can download here http://pocasi.hovnet.cz/wxwug.php?lang=en#construction , I just set it up on my server and it works fine (your sever musthave php5, mysql isn't needed)

An example is availble over here (it's raw don't use the close page button :D ) http://www.apeldoorn.tk/weer/wugraphs.php I've to work it out in a template

credits are from Radomir Luza, I hope this can be usefull for some cumulus users, I hadn't see it before .
Last edited by nitrx on Wed 06 Oct 2010 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Smooth graphic on your site if you use upload to wundergroun

Post by steve »

Nice!
Steve
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Post by daj »

Great find.

I have thrown together a proof of concept of it reading the data produced from the dayfile.txt by Cumulus

http://www.grantownweather.co.uk/grapht ... ature.html
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
nitrx

Post by nitrx »

Looks good it shoold be nice to use the stored data from the dayfiles do you have the source ?
daj

Post by daj »

Ron,

At the moment I have it reading the dayfile.txt data from an SQL table (which is where I store all my data on the webserver)

Is that ok, or do you need it reading the text file directly?
David
kippfordweather.uk
nitrx

Post by nitrx »

I prefer mysql :D it can wait I go to sleep thanks David
daj

Post by daj »

Attached is my 'proof of concept' code. This uses the Highcharts graphing tools discussed in this thread.

My code will read the dayfile.txt data which has previouslly been imported into a MySQL table on your webserver. I use the SQL structure as generated by the ImportCumulusFile tool, but any SQL table structure will do as long as you update the code accordingly.

Attached is the complete code and libraries.

You need to edit dbconfig.php to store your username, password, and table name for MySQL. Once done you should be able to browse to 'temperature.html' and get a graph similiar to mine (showing the last 60 days worth of your Temperature highs and lows)

How it works.
  • temperature.html is a basic HTML page -- it loads the necessary libraries and also js/graph.js which is my code to build the actual graph.
  • graph.js processes graphdata.php and uses this to build a chart and place it in a div called 'container' in the HTML page
  • graphdata.php reads the MySQL table and produces a CSV file for the charting tool to build a data series.
Any questions, I will try my best to help. As I say, its very basic but it does show that HighCharts can be used with the Cumulus data
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David
kippfordweather.uk
nitrx

Post by nitrx »

Thank you David i'll give it a try this evening
nitrx

Post by nitrx »

Hi David I tried but I dont get output, my logdates are stored as YYYY-MM-DD has this affect of the query ?

"SELECT date_format(LogDate,'%d %b %Y') as UKLogDate,MinTemp,MaxTemp FROM Dayfile ORDER BY LogDate DESC limit 60"; << Wondering why it's %b and not %m

Ron
daj

Post by daj »

%b gives the abbreviated Month name, so Oct for example

I just like to manipulate my date slightly. Let's keep it simple for you for now, and change your SQL statement....

Code: Select all

SELECT LogDate,MinTemp,MaxTemp FROM Dayfile ORDER BY LogDate DESC limit 60";
You also need to modify the XAxis set a few lines down, as we are no longer using UKLogDate

$XAxis .= $row[LogDate] . ",";
To prove it is getting the data, just open up graphdata.php in a browser window and it should return all the data in a raw format. example.... http://www.grantownweather.co.uk/grapht ... phdata.php
David
kippfordweather.uk
nitrx

Post by nitrx »

Hmmmz I think there is another issue I've changed as you suggested (before changen I got this error and after chanching

http://www.apeldoorn.tk/weer/graph/graphdata.php , never seen this before just googled on it but found no solutions, I use localhost this work allways fine with other databases

IGNORE this post I've uploaded a wrong file :) be back soon
daj

Post by daj »

I can see progress, but you need to update the graph.js file as you have not put it in the same location as I did

$.get('/graphtest/graphdata.php', function(data) {
will need to be something like

$.get('/weer/graph/graphdata.php', function(data) {
or use a relative path
David
kippfordweather.uk
nitrx

Post by nitrx »

Great that did the job I made a great mistake for thr dbconfig, but I shouldn't have found the path in the .js file well it's workig fine (I think it will also wordk with the UK-date version, I shall do some investigations to the syntax it's a lot acracadrabra for me , Thanks a lot !
http://www.apeldoorn.tk/weer/graph/temperature.html

Anyway I see it's not correct the data are from now to hystory :lol: Your data too, so I think I must use ascendeng ...
hve22
Weather Station: Alecto WS 4000 /TFA NExus
Operating System: Win XP SP2

Post by hve22 »

nitrx wrote:I was looking for better history graphics (the graphics of wunderground self are terrible I think) and found a freeware package.

I use cumulus and send the data also too wunderground so if you want to take advantage of it you need a wundergound ID and send yor data from cumulus there.

The graphics generated can be exposed by the package that you can download here http://pocasi.hovnet.cz/wxwug.php?lang=en#construction , I just set it up on my server and it works fine (your sever musthave php5, mysql isn't needed)

An example is availble over here (it's raw don't use the close page button :D ) http://www.apeldoorn.tk/weer/wugraphs.php I've to work it out in a template

credits are from Radomir Luza, I hope this can be usefull for some cumulus users, I hadn't see it before .
Hi, i came across your mentioned piece of software and it looks ok, so i did download it from the authers site [v0.7.9b]

After installing it on my website, it generates no graphs...

So i did test it on a virtual server, but it looks like the code is generating several errors. So are 2 files missing [settngs.php and commen.php] Further more the code generates errorcodes like missing variables ....

Apparently your version is working fine, so is it possible that you mail me a copy of your working version....??

regards
nitrx

Post by nitrx »

There is no file like settings.php look for WUG-settings.php and the file commen.php ? isn't in the package by me neither, you shoul have the same zip file as me.