Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Re: Widget for Android

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
TNETWeather

Re: Widget for Android

Post by TNETWeather »

Not really a widget, The only app I use on Android now that reads data from my weather station is via wunderground. Not very pretty, but accurate enough for the time being. Much more accurate than any of the other weather apps which use Metar data locally. The closest metar being Falcon Field which actually stops updating at night... cute.

It is called Weather Buddy. There is a Free and Donation version.

Image of it running:
http://imgur.com/MsBmG.png

QRCode:

I've been attempting to push my son into Android Development and create a specific Weather App designed for Station Owners that could be given out with access codes to their station's data unlike a more consumer version which lets the users choose where they want to view weather from. Enticing him with a free phone and service to go with it...

I am much more interested in a Station Owners side of things than the run of the mill Consumer Weather apps that are out there. There are already many Consumer apps for weather that pull from NWS, even Weather Underground, but none that read native Cumulus or WD code yet for Android. SBSH is attempting to do some work with WD linking to their WorldMap on this but is heading towards the consumer end. They are going to run into access and permission issues as well.

By Station Owner, I mean as a method that a owner using Cumulus could distribute an app that promotes their station's data for locals around the area. The software would be usable by any Cumulus station that provides basic data though.

As for Android... I am currently using a Droid Incredible from HTC using Verizon. Easily the most awesome and useful phone I have ever used.

BTW, I develop for both WD and Cumulus. Many of my Cumulus scripts started out as WD scripts first.

**Removed image to site that does not exist anymore**