Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Toolbox suggestions

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
DW5128
Weather Station: Davis Vantage VUE
Operating System: Windows XP

Toolbox suggestions

Post by DW5128 »

Great work on Toolbox.. I would like to see the "Notify once per day" option reset at midnight instead of timing 24 hrs since the last occurance. I set up a rule to notify me when the temp hits 80 degrees each day, it hit 80 at 9:08am on Wednesday so now I get the notification at the same time everyday even thought it hit 80 earlier on the next two days. Also it would be great to be able to put tags in the custom email that Toolbox would replace with actual values so you can email information from the weather station.

Thanks, keep up the good work.
DW5128
Weather Station: Davis Vantage VUE
Operating System: Windows XP

Re: Toolbox suggestions

Post by DW5128 »

For anyone interested, in order to make Toolbox report "Once per Day" instead of once in 24 hours, I just created a batch file to kill Toolbox and start a new session. Then using Windows Scheduled Tasks I scheduled the batch file to run at midnight so Toolbox timers are reset at midnight when restarted.
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Post by daj »

I'm working on a few changes to Toolbox and have added your idea to clear the 24 hour flag at the start of a day
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
SUBYDAZZ
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR200
Operating System: Windows 11

Post by SUBYDAZZ »

Probably an advantage to limit toolbox to one instance running on a PC at any one time, I had some big issues when I didn't realise there was two versions running concurrently, it didn't like it either.
Palmyweather
Weather Station: W1081
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by Palmyweather »

Is there any way that "ToolBox" can send out a daily report of the temperature, rain fall, wind speed etc all in one message? This would be great to have an email that hits my inbox (or other's) that gives a nice overview and well formated of what's going on that day.
Check my Palmerston North, New Zealand weather station out at https://palmyweather.co.nz .

WeatherNerd77
Weather Station: Fine Offset
Operating System: XP SP3

Post by WeatherNerd77 »

Good job on the Toolbox. :clap: I've got a couple of ideas.... :geek:

First...
Dynamic alert resets. In addition to "always", "once-an-hour", and "once-a-day", how about a kind of "dynamic" notify frequency that resets an alert when the condition is no longer true? It'd be handy to have an alert that triggers once and then does not trigger again until whatever caused the alert has reset. Not time based, trigger-based. For example, suppose I want to be able to set up a wind-gust alert for 20mph. I want one email each time the wind exceeds 20mph, resetting when the wind falls below 20mph. "Once an hour" is ok, but I won't get each gust. "Always" works great, except that I don't want to be emailed on every refresh if the speed is still above 20mph. Temperature would be another example; I want to know when it exceeds X degrees outside. If the temp falls below X, I want to be re-alerted when it crosses X again. But I don't need an alert each minute that it's crossed X.

Second...
Ability to add tags to emails. I see that the default message includes the current value. I don't see a way to add this tag to a custom message. While the default message is fine, I'd really like to be able to send an email that says, "Wind speed has exceeded 20mph. Current speed is 24 mph", where "24" is dynamic based on the alert. Any way we can do this? Perhaps by using brackets around the tag or something? {wgust}?

Third....
The ability to customzie the notification email subject for each alert. I see how to set it up globally, but it'd be cool to be able to see from the subject what a given alert is about.

Thanks! :)