Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Toolbox .net error

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
tstolze
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2

Toolbox .net error

Post by tstolze »

First, thanks for your work on this project!

I had the toolbox installed and running fine. I decided to try and add an email address and remove another that was used for testing. Now when launching the program I get a Microsoft .NET Framework box with an error in it: "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately.

Index was outside the bounds of the array."

I have uninstalled Toolbox, rebooted and installed again with the same problem. If I click continue Toolbox runs and checks at the set interval, but when it tries to send an email the error occurs, I click Okay and it will throw the error again until I close the program. Also each time I click okay when it's trying to send an email it does send the email each time I press okay.

This is installed on a fully updated version of XP.
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Re: Toolbox .net error

Post by daj »

You have a blank line, space, or some other rouge character. Make sure there is no blank line after the very last character of the email address

or delete everything from the Notification emails section and re-type the address
emailaddr.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
tstolze

Post by tstolze »

Removed all emails, tried to save and received the same error.
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Post by daj »

Can you send me your settings file please -- Send it in a private message

On your PC Click Start, Run and paste this text

Code: Select all

regedit /e c:\toolbox.txt HKEY_CURRENT_USER\CumulusToolBox
It should create a file c:\toolbox.txt with all the settings I need to check. There is one thing I suggest your remove .. if you are using your own email server to send notifications then edit the c:\toolbox.txt file and remove the SMTPPassword line as I do not need to know this.
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
tstolze

Post by tstolze »

Sent,

I went into the registry and found a few strange characters left in the notification to entry, removed it and the program launched without a problem. As soon as I try to enter 1 email send to within the program I get the error. I will try it manually in the registry and see if that works.

(added)Tried an email address added to the registry manually and received the same error.

I may uninstall remove the registry entry, reboot and try installing again.
tstolze

Post by tstolze »

I uninstalled the toolbox, deleted the registry entry, then installed again and all is working fine.

Thanks!