Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

CumulusMX and Cumulus1 UI style Multilingual Websites

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Re: CumulusMX and Cumulus1 UI style Multilingual Websites

Post by HansR »

sfws wrote: Tue 21 Apr 2020 6:37 am It was a long, long time ago, but I was a system analyst/programmer once and well used to taking format decisions for internal data and user interface. I'm not going to continue the wider discussion Hans wants, but Cumulus (like any software package) is free to decide what formats it works with, and it is not for anybody else to say it must only produce output obeying one set of format rules.
That's all very fine but:

1) Are you the one who takes this type of decisions?
2) What about V4?
3) I do not necessarily want a wide discussion, but I see this issue (or discussion) pop up much too often (and I made my own decisions, no problem there).

Yes, I think it is time to rethink something. If I am the only one, fine so be it. But technique, thought, experience and the software itself evolves. I am not questioning anybody's competence, but I don't think it is good to ignore other competent opinions either. And I definitely think it's a bad thing to ignore evolution.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

sfws wrote: Tue 21 Apr 2020 7:11 am
The problem is that not all the web tags required by these web pages are available in RC format.
Well, the RCxxxx tags are a bit redundant now, all numeric tags can use the option "rc=y" to force dot decimals.
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

Answer deleted
Last edited by sfws on Fri 26 Jun 2020 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frank G
Weather Station: WH1080 SE
Operating System: 5.4.79.7, Raspbian GNU/Linux

Post by Frank G »

I exchanged in the realtime-xMXT.txt the "normal" tags against the "RC"-tags and it works: https://www.buchenau-net.de/Wetter/CMX-UI_5/index.php (static site)

Code: Select all

<#date format=dd/MM/yy>~<#timehhmmss>~<#RCtemp>~<#RChum>~<#RCdew>~<#RCwspeed>~<#RCwlatest>~<#bearing>~<#rrate>~<#RCrfall>~<#RCpress>~<#currentwdir>~<#beaufortnumber>~<#windunit>~<#tempunitnodeg>~<#pressunit>~<#rainunit>~<#windrun>~<#presstrendval>~<#rmonth>~<#ryear>~<#rfallY>~<#RCintemp>~<#RCinhum>~<#RCwchill>~<#temptrend rc=y>~<#RCtempTH>~<#TtempTH>~<#RCtempTL>~<#TtempTL>~<#windTM>~<#TwindTM>~<#RCwgustTM>~<#TwgustTM>~<#RCpressTH>~<#TpressTH>~<#RCpressTL>~<#TpressTL>~<#version>~<#build>~<#RCwgust>~<#RCheatindex>~<#humidex>~<#UV>~<#ET>~<#SolarRad>~<#avgbearing>~<#rhour>~<#forecastnumber>~<#isdaylight>~<#SensorContactLost>~<#wdir>~<#cloudbasevalue>~<#cloudbaseunit>~<#apptemp rc=y>~<#SunshineHours>~<#CurrentSolarMax>~<#IsSunny>~<#humTH>~<#humTL>~<#ThumTH>~<#ThumTL>~<#RCdewpointTH>~<#RCdewpointTL>~<#TdewpointTH>~<#TdewpointTL>~<#RCapptempTH>~<#RCapptempTL>~<#TapptempTH>~<#TapptempTL>~<#RCwchillTL>~<#TwchillTL>~<#solarTH>~<#TsolarTH>~<#UVTH>~<#TUVTH>~<#rrateTM>~<#r24hour>~<#StormRain>~<#MinutesSinceLastRainTip>~<#forecast>~<#sunrise>~<#sunset>~<#moonrise>~<#moonset>~<#MoonAge>~<#MoonPercent>~<#MoonPercentAbs>~<#moonphase>~<#temptrendenglish>~<#presstrendenglish>~<#beaudesc>
As already writen, unfortunately not all needed tags have a "RC-counterpart". So I tried to use the "rc=y" (tested with <#temptrend rc=y> and <#apptemp rc=y>), but without succsess. Did I understand something wrong with the "rc=y" option?

Frank
Weather at Buchenau/Germany: https://wetter.buchenau-net.de
laulau
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: Win 7

Post by laulau »

Frank G wrote: Tue 21 Apr 2020 4:51 pm I exchanged in the realtime-xMXT.txt the "normal" tags against the "RC"-tags and it works: https://www.buchenau-net.de/Wetter/CMX-UI_5/index.php (static site)

<#date format=dd/MM/yy>~<#timehhmmss>~<#RCtemp>~<#RChum>~<#RCdew>~<#RCwspeed>~<#RCwlatest>~<#bearing>~<#rrate>~<#RCrfall>~<#RCpress>~<#currentwdir>~<#beaufortnumber>~<#windunit>~<#tempunitnodeg>~<#pressunit>~<#rainunit>~<#windrun>~<#presstrendval>~<#rmonth>~<#ryear>~<#rfallY>~<#RCintemp>~<#RCinhum>~<#RCwchill>~<#temptrend rc=y>~<#RCtempTH>~<#TtempTH>~<#RCtempTL>~<#TtempTL>~<#windTM>~<#TwindTM>~<#RCwgustTM>~<#TwgustTM>~<#RCpressTH>~<#TpressTH>~<#RCpressTL>~<#TpressTL>~<#version>~<#build>~<#RCwgust>~<#RCheatindex>~<#humidex>~<#UV>~<#ET>~<#SolarRad>~<#avgbearing>~<#rhour>~<#forecastnumber>~<#isdaylight>~<#SensorContactLost>~<#wdir>~<#cloudbasevalue>~<#cloudbaseunit>~<#apptemp rc=y>~<#SunshineHours>~<#CurrentSolarMax>~<#IsSunny>~<#humTH>~<#humTL>~<#ThumTH>~<#ThumTL>~<#RCdewpointTH>~<#RCdewpointTL>~<#TdewpointTH>~<#TdewpointTL>~<#RCapptempTH>~<#RCapptempTL>~<#TapptempTH>~<#TapptempTL>~<#RCwchillTL>~<#TwchillTL>~<#solarTH>~<#TsolarTH>~<#UVTH>~<#TUVTH>~<#rrateTM>~<#r24hour>~<#StormRain>~<#MinutesSinceLastRainTip>~<#forecast>~<#sunrise>~<#sunset>~<#moonrise>~<#moonset>~<#MoonAge>~<#MoonPercent>~<#MoonPercentAbs>~<#moonphase>~<#temptrendenglish>~<#presstrendenglish>~<#beaudesc>
As already writen, unfortunately not all needed tags have a "RC-counterpart". So I tried to use the "rc=y" (tested with <#temptrend rc=y> and format= rc=y>), but without succsess. Did I understand something wrong with the "rc=y" option?

Frank
I think the syntax is

<#temptrend format="rc=y">
Laurent

Frank G

Post by Frank G »

<#temptrend format="rc=y">
Tested, but doesn't work. :(
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Sorry, my bad, I thought rc=y was implemented globally - it isn't, only some tags. I checked and it's still on the *long* todo list to do rest.
BCJKiwi
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Cabled
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Post by BCJKiwi »

No Commas
See the first post this thread.

There is now a .zip file available with all the files and all the RC - no commas changes that are officially available.
There is even a HowTo file and the official list of tags that can accept the RC switch.

I am not sure if everything will be fixed with these changes but it is the best I can do at short notice.
BCJKiwi
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Cabled
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Post by BCJKiwi »

Hmm not working for me.

tested and see the output to the page is
where apptemp is 19.4

Tried a round(......,1) and it does produce a decimal 1 xx.x but sometimes no xx.0 just xx but the degrees are off.

It seems to move around. Anything from 14 deg through to 18deg when apptemp is stable in the low 19deg range.

$RCapptemp = round(<#temp> + (0.33 * <#hum>/100* 6.105 * exp (17.27 * <#temp>/(237.7 + <#temp>))) - (0.7 * <#wlatest>) -4,1);
and
<?php include_once('CUTagsx.php'); echo $RCapptemp; <br> ?>

I'm running it at realtime so wondering if it has something to do with wlatest so trying at interval when wlatest is updated as well (presumably. But ajax is running on the page and it updates apptemp at realtime.
In th eforst minute after interval it sat at 18 when apptemp was 19.2
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

Answer deleted, it quoted incorrect regular expression.
Last edited by sfws on Fri 26 Jun 2020 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

BCJKiwi wrote: Wed 22 Apr 2020 4:45 am $RCapptemp = round(<#temp> + (0.33 * <#hum>/100* 6.105 * exp (17.27 * <#temp>/(237.7 + <#temp>))) - (0.7 * <#wlatest>) -4,1);
Apparent temp should use the average wind speed, not the latest raw value. If you use wlatest then the result will jump around all over the place.
Dennisdg
Weather Station: Davis Vantage PRO2
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit

Post by Dennisdg »

Request for help please.

I've got CumulusMX UI up and running but cannot get either Current Conditions and System Forecast to work.

In Settings.php I have set $show_cc_conds = 1 and $show_stnfcst = 1

Running Davis Vantage PRO2

I guess I've not set something right?

My test site is https://g4glp.co.uk/mxtest/index.php
Dennis

https://g4glp.co.uk

Davis Vantage PRO2
Win 11 Pro 64 bit
Frank G

Post by Frank G »

Sorry, my bad, I thought rc=y was implemented globally - it isn't, only some tags. I checked and it's still on the *long* todo list to do rest.
Thanks Mark for putting this at the top of your long todo list with v3.5.4 (3075). It seems to work. :D

Here is my realtime-xMXT.txt with "rc=y" option:

<#date format=dd/MM/yy>~<#timehhmmss>~<#RCtemp>~<#RChum>~<#RCdew>~<#RCwspeed>~<#RCwlatest>~<#bearing rc=y>~<#rrate rc=y>~<#RCrfall>~<#RCpress>~<#currentwdir>~<#beaufortnumber>~<#windunit>~<#tempunitnodeg>~<#pressunit>~<#rainunit>~<#windrun rc=y>~<#presstrendval rc=y>~<#rmonth rc=y>~<#ryear rc=y>~<#rfallY rc=y>~<#RCintemp>~<#RCinhum>~<#RCwchill>~<#temptrend rc=y>~<#RCtempTH>~<#TtempTH rc=y>~<#RCtempTL>~<#TtempTL rc=y>~<#windTM rc=y>~<#TwindTM rc=y>~<#RCwgustTM>~<#TwgustTM rc=y>~<#RCpressTH>~<#TpressTH rc=y>~<#RCpressTL>~<#TpressTL rc=y>~<#version>~<#build>~<#RCwgust>~<#RCheatindex>~<#humidex rc=y>~<#UV>~<#ET>~<#SolarRad>~<#avgbearing rc=y>~<#rhour>~<#forecastnumber>~<#isdaylight>~<#SensorContactLost>~<#wdir rc=y>~<#cloudbasevalue rc=y>~<#cloudbaseunit>~<#apptemp rc=y>~<#SunshineHours rc=y>~<#CurrentSolarMax rc=y>~<#IsSunny>~<#humTH rc=y>~<#humTL rc=y>~<#ThumTH rc=y>~<#ThumTL rc=y>~<#RCdewpointTH>~<#RCdewpointTL>~<#TdewpointTH>~<#TdewpointTL>~<#RCapptempTH>~<#RCapptempTL>~<#TapptempTH rc=y>~<#TapptempTL rc=y>~<#RCwchillTL>~<#TwchillTL rc=y>~<#solarTH rc=y>~<#TsolarTH rc=y>~<#UVTH rc=y>~<#TUVTH rc=y>~<#rrateTM rc=y>~<#r24hour rc=y>~<#StormRain rc=y>~<#MinutesSinceLastRainTip>~<#forecast>~<#sunrise>~<#sunset>~<#moonrise>~<#moonset>~<#MoonAge rc=y>~<#MoonPercent>~<#MoonPercentAbs rc=y>~<#moonphase>~<#temptrendenglish>~<#presstrendenglish>~<#beaudesc>
If you want, you can check it here: https://www.buchenau-net.de/Wetter/CMX-UI/

Frank
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Frank,
Looks good.
I presume you are still working on the Charts as they don't yet?

Enjoy,
Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
Frank G

Post by Frank G »

I presume you are still working on the Charts as they don't yet?
Yes. For whatever reason, they're not working yet. But one thing at a time, at the moment I'm still working on the German translation ...
If you have a hint for me what I did wrong with the charts, I would appreciate.

Frank