Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Webtags in toolbox

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
mm23
Weather Station: ws 2350
Operating System: windows xp sp3

Webtags in toolbox

Post by mm23 »

Hi everybody,

somebody answer me may I use webtags in Toolbox command line?

Thanks
mm23

Re: Webtags in toolbox

Post by mm23 »

Hm, in first post I made a mistake..... The right question is... may I use the webtag in uploading files (ftp) tab in the "local filename" bar in Cumulus toolbox instead of this month

Thanks
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Toolbox can't process web tags (convert them into data), only Cumulus can. So you would have to get Cumulus to process any files which Toolbox uploaded which had web tags in them.
Steve
mm23

Post by mm23 »

Thanks Steve...

My problem is the change of the month. For example, today I'm should change uploading files into Cumulus toolbox from month March in April. Would I avoid it If I use Cumulus to upload monthlyfiles....
tjaliwalpa
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Linux Lite Ubuntu 16.04

Post by tjaliwalpa »

You can have Cumulus process files and put them wherever you like on your PC. I think this is in a way what Steve is suggesting. Then you can have Toolbox upload them.

I do this for some of my html files. For example, my menu contains a current month link, so I have <#month>&nbsp;<#year> as a button on my menu. One of the files is not a Cumulus generated html file. Cumulus processes the file with its tags, places it in a separate folder where the other program processes it and uploads it. So, every month I have an updated menu on this additional non Cumulus page.

Does that make sense?
Bob
mm23

Post by mm23 »

Thanks Bob,

currently doing some other things in Cumulus but I will try with your suggestion. I'll let you know when this issue comes to the schedule

Thanks again...
mm23

Post by mm23 »

I agree with both of you, but, as I understand good this is not the solution of my problem....
My question is: Is there any way to change my cumulus monthly e.g. apr14log.txt "automatically" on 30.04. in 23.59 in may14log.txt in cumulus toolbar or in command line in Internet settings to upload it on web server?

Edit: ......I mean something like this https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... g&start=15 but on a simpler way if any exist....

Many thanks
Last edited by mm23 on Mon 14 Apr 2014 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

See the help for the internet settings. You can use the string "<currentlogfile>" in the local and remote file name boxes.
Steve