Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Help with Toolbox

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
cb6888
Weather Station: Ambient Weather WS-2040
Operating System: Windows Vista SP2

Help with Toolbox

Post by cb6888 »

I have been tinkering with Cumulus Toolbox for several months trying to get it to work to fit my needs. The only function I desire is the ability to receive email alerts. I've downloaded the webtags, and I "think" I have set up Toolbox correctly, but I still do not receive alerts for the rules I have enabled. I can receive test emails just fine, however.

I've been working with this so long, and changed so many things, I probably need to uninstall Toolbox, then reinstall with someone walking me through the process step by step to make sure I get this right. Any help would be appreciated.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Help with Toolbox

Post by water01 »

Any chance you could show us the rules so we can see what you are trying to do?
David
cb6888

Post by cb6888 »

Thanks for your reply. Here are the rules I'm currently using:

'HighRainRateAlarm' is greater than or equal to 1; Notification: always
'HighWindGustAlarm' is great than or equal to 1; Notification: always
'rrate' is greater than 1; Notification: always
wgust' is greater than 57; Notification: always
'newrecord' is greater than or equal to 1; Notification: always

I know the wind and rain rules are probably redundant, but I selected each when I initially did not receive notifications using the alarm based rules. Culumus has sounded an alarm when the rain rate has been exceeded, but no notification email. I added the new record rule the other day because I'm currently setting a record each day for longest dry period.
water01

Post by water01 »

Since newrecord, HighRainRateAlarm and HighWindGustAlarm can only have values of 0 or 1 then the test should be "equal to 1".

Both rrate and wgust require decimal places for the test to be valid, in the case of rrate 2 decimal places and wgust 1 decimal place.
David
cb6888

Post by cb6888 »

Thanks. I've changed HighRainRateAlarm, HighWindGustAlarm and newrecord all to equal to one. Still no rain here, but some is expected this weekend. I'll report back if I get an email at midnight tonight.

Again, I appreciate the help.
cb6888

Post by cb6888 »

Set my new record again last night, but still no email.
water01

Post by water01 »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!

What have you got in Email Server and Notification Emails and final silly one but I will ask it, is the Current Value showing under the Value box (if not this is because the webtags are not updating) and is there a tick in Rule Enabled.

Also is the position you have specified in PHP Webtag file (mine is C:\Cumulus\data\cumuluswebtags.txt) the position that you have told Cumulus to process the tags and upload it. They must be the same otherwise the values Toolbox tests against will not exist.
David
cb6888

Post by cb6888 »

Let me see if I can answer your questions correctly...

For my email server, I'm using my gmail account, with the correct address in the notification emails screen. I receive test emails just fine.

Within Cumulus itself, under Configuration/Internet/Files, I have C:\Cumulus\data\cumuluswebtags.txt in the left block, and cumuluswebtags.php in the right box. I have the process, realtime, and ftp blocks checked.

Is there another setting I should check? I "thought" I followed the setup directions correctly, but I'm begining to think I have missed something, somewhere, despite going through the process multiple times.
cb6888

Post by cb6888 »

I forgot...

For 'HighRainRateAlarm' the value is 1. For "HighWindGustAlarm' the value is 1. For 'rrate' the value is now 1.00. For 'wgust' the value is now 57.0. And for 'newrecord' the value is 1. I also verified that "Rule Enabled" was checked for all rules.
water01

Post by water01 »

Within Cumulus itself, under Configuration/Internet/Files, I have C:\Cumulus\data\cumuluswebtags.txt in the left block, and cumuluswebtags.php in the right box. I have the process, realtime, and ftp blocks checked.
That is correct but does that match what you have in Toolbox as I stated
Also is the position you have specified in PHP Webtag file (mine is C:\Cumulus\data\cumuluswebtags.txt) the position that you have told Cumulus to process the tags and upload it. They must be the same otherwise the values Toolbox tests against will not exist.
If it does and the cumuluswebtags.txt is being processed correctly it is left in the directory with the processed values in it, which is how Toolbox puts the current value below the Value box in the Rules edit screen. You therefore know it is doing the right comparison as your value format matches the current value format displayed by Toolbox.
David
cb6888

Post by cb6888 »

Quote:

That is correct but does that match what you have in Toolbox as I stated
I think I misunderstood your original question. Yes, I have confirmed in Toolbox that I have C:\Cumulus\data\cumuluswebtags.txt in the "PHP webtag file' on the General tab on the setup screen.
Quote:

If it does and the cumuluswebtags.txt is being processed correctly it is left in the directory with the processed values in it, which is how Toolbox puts the current value below the Value box in the Rules edit screen. You therefore know it is doing the right comparison as your value format matches the current value format displayed by Toolbox.
I have C:\Cumulus\data\cumuluswebtags.txt as the PHP webtag file in Toolbox, and in the left block in the Configuration\Internet Settings\Files menu in Cumulus. How can I confirm that cumuluswebtags.txt is being processed correctly?
water01

Post by water01 »

How can I confirm that cumuluswebtags.txt is being processed correctly?
Well first of all if you look at it in the data directory does it contain the data that shows Cumulus "processed" it. Open it an editor to check.

Also, as I said when you set up a rule Toolbox will show you UNDER the value box the current value it read from cumuluswebtags.txt that you are doing the comparison against. If you do not see a value there it is not reading cumuluswebtags.txt.
David
cb6888

Post by cb6888 »

In Toolbox, when I select the Rules tab and click on Edit, there is a figure in each Value block: 1 for 'HighRainRateAlarm', 'HighWindGustAlarm', and 'newrecord'. For 'wgust' it is 57.0. and for 'rrate' it is 1.00.

When I open cumuluswebtags.txt, all I is a list of all of the webtags. I can't find any that appears to be processing to me. The date modified for the file shows as the date of the initial installation.
cb6888

Post by cb6888 »

An update:

I reinstalled Toolbox. My new record light is flashing in Cumulus (another day without rain). The details for 'newrecord' I have a value of 1 in the value box, and 0 in the current box.
water01

Post by water01 »

cb6888 wrote:In Toolbox, when I select the Rules tab and click on Edit, there is a figure in each Value block: 1 for 'HighRainRateAlarm', 'HighWindGustAlarm', and 'newrecord'. For 'wgust' it is 57.0. and for 'rrate' it is 1.00.

When I open cumuluswebtags.txt, all I is a list of all of the webtags. I can't find any that appears to be processing to me. The date modified for the file shows as the date of the initial installation.
Yes I understand that but is Toolbox putting a value UNDER the value you have entered showing the value that Toolbox has picked up from cumuluswebtags.txt.

Look at the picture I have attached. Under the value box of 0.0, it shows the Current: 6.4 which means it has accessed my cumuluswebtags.txt file and found the value 6.4 in temp the field I am setting the rule for.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David