Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX release v3.3.0 (build 3063) - 10 January 2020.
    Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014

    See the Wiki for downloading either version.

    Home Weather Station - New Android App

    Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
    water01
    Posts: 1587
    Joined: Sat 13 Aug 2011 9:33 am
    Weather Station: WH1081
    Operating System: Windows 10 64bit
    Location: Burnham-on-Sea
    Contact:

    Re: Home Weather Station - New Android App

    Post by water01 » Mon 27 Jan 2014 11:30 pm

    All working now.
    David
    Image

    User avatar
    ken555
    Posts: 42
    Joined: Sat 12 Feb 2011 11:40 pm
    Weather Station: Fine Offset clone (Maplin N96GY)
    Operating System: Win 10 x64
    Location: Pitmedden, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
    Contact:

    Re: Home Weather Station - New Android App

    Post by ken555 » Tue 28 Jan 2014 8:25 pm

    How often does it refresh ?

    Changed the url ( http://ken555.plus.com/weather/ ) but still showing old default data.

    theoc
    Posts: 20
    Joined: Mon 27 Jan 2014 3:36 pm
    Weather Station: National Geographic 265NC
    Operating System: Windows XP SP3
    Location: Toronto

    Re: Home Weather Station - New Android App

    Post by theoc » Tue 28 Jan 2014 9:42 pm

    ken555 wrote:How often does it refresh ?

    Changed the url ( http://ken555.plus.com/weather/ ) but still showing old default data.
    I just tried changing it and it worked instantly for me. Is the URL inputted correctly?

    This is what it looks like for me: http://youtu.be/AkxGSw5wKpA

    User avatar
    Super-T
    Posts: 827
    Joined: Tue 09 Sep 2008 3:37 am
    Weather Station: wh-1081
    Operating System: Weather Laptop - Windows 10 Pro
    Location: Auckland, New Zealand
    Contact:

    Re: Home Weather Station - New Android App

    Post by Super-T » Tue 28 Jan 2014 9:46 pm

    All working for me. I see that it assumes the realtime.txt so don't put that in the url
    eg. http://www.janter.co.nz/weather/ works for me.

    The "Last 12 Hours" is not right if your graphs are set up to show more.

    User avatar
    ken555
    Posts: 42
    Joined: Sat 12 Feb 2011 11:40 pm
    Weather Station: Fine Offset clone (Maplin N96GY)
    Operating System: Win 10 x64
    Location: Pitmedden, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
    Contact:

    Re: Home Weather Station - New Android App

    Post by ken555 » Tue 28 Jan 2014 11:10 pm

    theoc wrote: I just tried changing it and it worked instantly for me. Is the URL inputted correctly?

    This is what it looks like for me: http://youtu.be/AkxGSw5wKpA
    Had to press now/trends/now a few time to get it to react, but working now.

    theoc
    Posts: 20
    Joined: Mon 27 Jan 2014 3:36 pm
    Weather Station: National Geographic 265NC
    Operating System: Windows XP SP3
    Location: Toronto

    Re: Home Weather Station - New Android App

    Post by theoc » Wed 29 Jan 2014 8:18 pm

    ken555 wrote:
    theoc wrote: I just tried changing it and it worked instantly for me. Is the URL inputted correctly?

    This is what it looks like for me: http://youtu.be/AkxGSw5wKpA
    Had to press now/trends/now a few time to get it to react, but working now.
    Yea it can take a few seconds to pull the files at times. On a 3G connection it is noticeably slower compared to wifi.

    theoc
    Posts: 20
    Joined: Mon 27 Jan 2014 3:36 pm
    Weather Station: National Geographic 265NC
    Operating System: Windows XP SP3
    Location: Toronto

    Re: Home Weather Station - New Android App

    Post by theoc » Wed 29 Jan 2014 8:24 pm

    tumutbound wrote:I like it - apart from the ads of course.
    I did have to make a change to Cumulus to provide the realtime.txt file as it's not normally unloaded on my system

    I'll end up making a paid ($0.99) version without ads in the future. There are thing's I still need to fix and implement in the free version firth though.

    User avatar
    Ned
    Posts: 226
    Joined: Mon 19 Jul 2010 11:15 am
    Weather Station: WS2083 aspirated
    Operating System: Win 10
    Location: Auckland NZ
    Contact:

    Re: Home Weather Station - New Android App

    Post by Ned » Wed 29 Jan 2014 8:30 pm

    Very useful, especially the trend graphs (far easier than accessing my website), although it has crashed there a few times when changing orientation from portait to landscape.
    Would it be possible to make the graphs zoomable?
    Does the header graphic change with the forecast? (only seen full sun and moon so far)
    Finally, the URL editing should allow changes to what has been entered previously, without starting over again.

    Cheers!

    theoc
    Posts: 20
    Joined: Mon 27 Jan 2014 3:36 pm
    Weather Station: National Geographic 265NC
    Operating System: Windows XP SP3
    Location: Toronto

    Re: Home Weather Station - New Android App

    Post by theoc » Wed 29 Jan 2014 8:30 pm

    nitrx wrote:Works fine on Nexus 10 Android 4.4 kitkat , can you make it multilangual ?
    Making it multilingual is a future plan. It shouldn't be too hard since there won't be too much to translate.

    theoc
    Posts: 20
    Joined: Mon 27 Jan 2014 3:36 pm
    Weather Station: National Geographic 265NC
    Operating System: Windows XP SP3
    Location: Toronto

    Re: Home Weather Station - New Android App

    Post by theoc » Wed 29 Jan 2014 8:42 pm

    Ned wrote:Very useful, especially the trend graphs (far easier than accessing my website), although it has crashed there a few times when changing orientation from portait to landscape.
    Would it be possible to make the graphs zoomable?
    Does the header graphic change with the forecast? (only seen full sun and moon so far)
    Finally, the URL editing should allow changes to what has been entered previously, without starting over again.

    Cheers!

    I'm looking into the reasons for it crashing. When changing orientation it pulls the information form the server again and loads it. Somewhere when reloading the information I feel there a bug causing the crash. I am looking into it though. Yes I will be making the graphs zoomable. I have this on my to do list. The graphic should change with the forecast. It uses the same values as "Forecast:" on the website to change the image. For url editing I plan on making both a history of previous weather station urls entered and in the field where you type in the weather for the current url to be shown.

    Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Everything in the this post should be implemented in the next couple of weeks.

    TgT
    Posts: 127
    Joined: Thu 26 Jun 2008 5:51 am
    Weather Station: Davis VP2 + Solar
    Operating System: A20 TV box + CumulusMX
    Location: Slov.Konjice, Slovenia
    Contact:

    Re: Home Weather Station - New Android App

    Post by TgT » Fri 31 Jan 2014 2:08 pm

    Looks nice :clap:

    Few questions/suggestions came to my mind while testing the app

    - From where app takes sun/clouds icon?
    - Icon shows SUN(forecast?), while isSunny webtag equals 0, also solar is 10% of theoretical max
    - I think there is enough space on main page (now) to add Solar&SunHours or UV and ET (evaporation) enable/disable in options?
    - Ability to choose between windchill,heatindex,apparent temperature on main page
    - swipe down - pull&release to refresh?
    - swipe left or right to change from now/today/trends/allinfo
    - support for multiple personal stations and choose color theme and name for each of it?
    - like now, swipe from left-edge to choose between stations?

    :roll:
    Image

    theoc
    Posts: 20
    Joined: Mon 27 Jan 2014 3:36 pm
    Weather Station: National Geographic 265NC
    Operating System: Windows XP SP3
    Location: Toronto

    Re: Home Weather Station - New Android App

    Post by theoc » Sat 01 Feb 2014 6:56 pm

    TgT wrote:Looks nice :clap:

    Few questions/suggestions came to my mind while testing the app

    - From where app takes sun/clouds icon?
    - Icon shows SUN(forecast?), while isSunny webtag equals 0, also solar is 10% of theoretical max
    - I think there is enough space on main page (now) to add Solar&SunHours or UV and ET (evaporation) enable/disable in options?
    - Ability to choose between windchill,heatindex,apparent temperature on main page
    - swipe down - pull&release to refresh?
    - swipe left or right to change from now/today/trends/allinfo
    - support for multiple personal stations and choose color theme and name for each of it?
    - like now, swipe from left-edge to choose between stations?

    :roll:
    The Sun/clouds/moon/rain icons are chosen based on based on what forecast the weather station determines. the 49th field from http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Realtime.txt
    I may look into giving users the option of what they would like shown on the Now page. It is something I am considering.
    For the refresh issue. I am actually looking at making it so that it will automatically pull the information ever couple of minutes. I'm also looking into either having a pull to refresh or refresh button.
    Support for multiple weather stations is something I am also looking into. History for what URLs you input is what I want to work on first.

    Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I will be working on this app more during the middle half of this month.

    User avatar
    grwkak
    Posts: 100
    Joined: Fri 28 Jun 2013 12:32 am
    Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
    Operating System: Windows 10
    Location: Hambden, Ohio US
    Contact:

    Re: Home Weather Station - New Android App

    Post by grwkak » Sat 01 Feb 2014 8:10 pm

    Any chance it can incorporate imperial units?

    Guy

    theoc
    Posts: 20
    Joined: Mon 27 Jan 2014 3:36 pm
    Weather Station: National Geographic 265NC
    Operating System: Windows XP SP3
    Location: Toronto

    Re: Home Weather Station - New Android App

    Post by theoc » Sat 01 Feb 2014 8:16 pm

    grwkak wrote:Any chance it can incorporate imperial units?

    Guy
    Units should be provided by the weather station. Is the weather station you are viewing set to display imperial units? What's the weather stations url?

    User avatar
    grwkak
    Posts: 100
    Joined: Fri 28 Jun 2013 12:32 am
    Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
    Operating System: Windows 10
    Location: Hambden, Ohio US
    Contact:

    Re: Home Weather Station - New Android App

    Post by grwkak » Sat 01 Feb 2014 9:05 pm

    Using http://http://www.wilsonsweather.host-ed.me

    Not sure if it needs the public_html added (needed as that is where the files reside).

    Guy

    Update - using / at end (missed in instructions) worked - now I have imperial units etc.

    Post Reply